chapter fourteen: danger

So after doing some research on the little night terrors I found out that hiccup and his friends are 18 during the race to the edge series which means that I have been writing the age wrong so I'll be quickly explain this.

Dryden is the same age as the others at the time I thought he was 16 but because the others are 18 he will also be 18 and to clear things up even more this means that dryden had been missing for 8 years not 6

Narrator p.o.v

While hiccup and dryden attempt to navigate there way back up toothless was planning to make his move on angel and he started with a funny dance where he hopped around with his wings behind his head and tail curling above him then he would hop from left to rights but angel only looked on in confusion.

Angel decided to turn her back to toothless in an attempt to reject toothless but he didn't take the hint instead he moved back into her view and did a different dance now he was standing on his hind legs and pretending to walk like a human, this didn't impress angel who found it looked creepy so she just walked away to a near by pond and started to drink from it.

But toothless was determined and so he ripped a tree from its roots and started walking around the open area dragging the tree in the ground using it to draw angel, once done he gave angel a small roar which gained her attention she turned around with an annoyed face but it was washed away when she saw the drawing of her face on the ground.

Toothless expected angel to love his drawing of her but she was not amused instead she walked to the cave entrance and layed down with her tail covering her face.

Dryden p.o.v

These weird dragons were different to anything I have ever seen They are small but still bigger then a terrible terrors they seam to hate the light but fire doesn't produce enough to scare them away "we are in trouble" I said as I kicked the glowing gronckle rock slightly but even the gronckle rock was beginning to dim down "ANGEL" I screamed at the top of my voice.

For a moment there was nothing "well I felt like that was going to work" I said looking at hiccup he had face palmed himself "you realise the cave entrance is too small for her to help" hiccup explained which I nodded "yeah and who said to come down here" I retorted but before hiccup could reply the faint sound of angel charging an attack could be heard.

"Hiccup head down" I ordered as I ducked, hiccup did the same thing and just in time as a plasma shot lit up the cave and it had enough light to scare off these dragons, "quickly we don't know how long we have left" I had reached for hiccups arm and once I had hold of him I started running dragging hiccup along with.

"Angel ... Roar" I shouted and angel did giving me directions through the cave till we made it out of the cave entrance and smack bang right into angel, "oh am I so excited toooo ... See ... You?" I had taken a look around and found a large tree was uprooted and a drawing of angel was on the ground, "what the hell happened here?" I asked and angel rolled her eyes before looking over at toothless who was innocently sitting down, I let go of hiccup and gave angel some scratch's.

"I have changed my mind I'm making a tower ... Clearly this place has a bad cave system so I'll just create a tower that can only hold one dragon" I stated as I walked back to camp.

Hiccup p.o.v

After dryden and angel had stormed off I started to feel bad ... It was my fault this failed I wanted to get toothless an opportunity to try his shot with angel but now dryden and angel are both upset, "so now you know how to draw" I said crossing my arms and looking at toothless he gave me a toothless smile before running over to me and licking me "oh come on that's hard to wash out" I stated as I swatted away the saliva off me "well we better head back to" toothless agreed so we followed the direction Dryden went.

It took some time but we did make it back and I was surprised to see that things had gone ... Ok ... The others had been working on making a model version of there designs but I couldn't help but notice that fishlegs was gone and dryden who was ahead of us wasn't here either, I walked over to Astrid who's model showed multiple watch towers around the island "hey ... If you don't mind me asking but where's fishlegs?" I asked her.

"Oh he went to get some more rocks for his model because snotlout kept stealing his ... What's up with Dryden he kinda stormed past us with a moody face" she said giving me a sarcastic smile, I decided to sit down next to her "so ... Looks like everyone is quiet" I mentioned as I dodged the question while watching snotlout and the twins making their own models out of rocks and sticks.

But before Astrid could speak the familiar shriek of fishlegs could be heard "HEEEELLLP" he called out "oh great ... That thief needs help" snotlout stated, "maybe he saw your imaginary dragon" ruff nut stated getting in her brothers face "It wasn't fake and Miss cluckington is my whiteness" tuff nut argued holding up his chicken.

"Come on guys let's just go and check up on him" I stated remembering those little dragons were out there and could be attacking him, we all started to search untill we found dryden and angel looking down into a hole in the ground "hey dryden have you seen fishlegs" I asked which caused dryden to jump not expecting me to be behind him, "oh er ... He's down there" dryden pointed down into the hole.

We all gathered around and dryden was right fishlegs stood at the bottom of a cave looking up at us while also looking for the cave, "hey guys I er hear movement ... Can you get me out soon" fishlegs begged, "angel flash" dryden ordered and angel blasted a ball of plasma lighting the cave and it revealed those dragons again then the light faded, "well ... I could have done with not seeing them" fishlegs stated trying to keep an eye on all his blind spots.

"Hold on ... Ruff nut, tuff nut go get some rope ... Astrid, snotlout, Dryden we need to widen this hole to get as much sun light in as possible" everyone nodded, the twins ran back to the camp while the rest of us started hitting the edge of the hole even our dragons joined in breaking the hole so that the sun could keep the dragons away from fishlegs.

The twins did end up finding some rope and so we chucked it down helping fishlegs out, "ok ... This island is starting to feel like a death trap  .... Dryden we need to find a different island" I stated turning to him but he wasn't phased at all "if you think this is bad then you haven't seen anything ... For a plan of action everyone get as much sleep now even though it's morning ... We will hunt down tuff nuts dragon" dryden said practically yanking the leads of this group and ordering us.

But it sounds like most of us agree apart from Astrid who disagrees, "that's a dumb idea and could get us killed" she said crossing her arms, "you was a Viking that hunted down dragons so you already did risk your life" dryden said with some sas in his voice as he walked away from us and heading to the camp.