1. Meet At The Pier

Lieutenant Arianna Scott was one more day from parting ways from the Navy. Her time was filled with the good, bad, and the ugly, however, she doesn't regret making the decision to join. She enlisted right after graduating high school. Although she received a full scholarship to play basketball, Arianna wanted more in life. Basketball would have only gotten her to college but her chances of going pro was slim to none. She wanted to travel and prove that she wasn't her fathers child. Joining the Navy gave her just that.

Arianna was sound asleep comfortably in her bed when her phone started buzzing. "I swear if this isn't my alarm I'm killing whoever it is." She grabbed her phone rubbing her eyes before finally being able to see the caller. The caller identified as Unknown. "Hello?" She answered her voice raspy.

"Meet at the pier. You got thirty minutes." A deep voice came over the phone. "And just to make sure you get here. I can have two of my men over at your mom's house within seconds." The voice continued.
Arianna's heart began racing. She look at the clock seeing what time it was. 3:00 am.
"To the pier in thirty minutes."
Her mind wondered who this anonymous voice could be, and why in the world would they want to her to meet them at the pier three something in the morning. The thought of making a pit stop by her mom's home just to see crossed her mind but she decided it was best to go straight to the pier. She put on some clothes then grabbed her Smith and Wesson from her nightstand.

Jumping in the car she drove to the pier. Slowly pulling up, she looked around as she parked a block from the meet. She threw on her black hoodie and pulled the hood over her head. She put her gun behind her back in her jeans and threw her keys and phone in the glove compartment. Walking up the pier she spotted four people standing in a group. She was hesitant. Her gut was telling her one thing and her brain another.

"Glad you could join us Ari."

As she gotten closer she matched the voice on the phone to the persons face. No one had called her Ari since high school and only her friends called her that.

"Jackson. Jackson Greer." She glanced at the others who she did not recognize. "What's so important that you had to threaten me with my mother?" She asked.

A crooked smile came across his face, "You."

Stunned Arianna wondered what possibilities made her special to old high school classmates. "What's so special about me?"

"I hear you have some particular skills. I need your help...actually I'm getting your help." He sneered.

"There's some weapons we need you to get." One of the other guys said.

"We have spoke since high school and you just assume I'm going to help you?" She scoffed.

"You either help us or you and your mom dies." Jackson answered.

Arianna slowly began taking steps backwards. All four surrounded her. She looked them all in the eyes. "Fight or flight" she mumbled.

They begin attacking her from all directions. She fought them off the best she could considering it was four versus one. Remembering what she learned in her martial arts to fight them off, only that worked for a little while. She reached behind her and grabbed her gun. She fired her gun hitting one in the head and another she caught in the arm. The other two had ran ducking off to protect themselves. Bullets begin coming her way as she shot her gun back at them. Arianna looked behind her and saw a bench. "Probably not the best idea. Oh what the hell." She whispered to herself. She ran for the bench , stepped on it and jumped off the pier. Her body went into the cold water.

**********
Deeks and Kensi walked into work discussing the movie they watched the night before. Sam and Callen already sitting at their desk typing away on the computers in front of them catching up on the paperwork from the previous case. Callen exchanged a glance at Sam.

"Do we even want to know?" Callen asked.
"No." Sam quickly responded without looking up.

Fatima walked down the stairs interrupting the conversation between Kensi and Deeks. In her hand was a tablet she used when searching information.

"If you will join us up in OPS we have a case." said Fatima.

Deeks and Kensi tossed their bags on their desk following Sam and Callen up the stairwell. They gathered in front of the big screen where Arianna's picture was plastered.

"As of 0800 this morning Lieutenant Arianna Scott was scheduled for her last shift but has not turned up. Before you ask she's never missed work much less been a second late."

"What do we know about her?" Kensi asked.

"After doing some digging, Scott has a pretty impressive record. She joined the Navy right after high school. In fact she turned down a full ride basketball scholarship to join. " Roundtree informed.

"So I guess her missing work is odd." Deeks said.
"Have you traced her phone?" Sams asked.

"Yes and I tracked down her car. Her phone just happens to be located in the same spot as the car."

"Deeks you and Kensi go to her house, see what you can find. Sam and I will go check out her car." Callen said.

Before everyone split and went their ways Roundtree showed a video clip someone recorded at the pier.

"Scratch that Sam. We will go to the pier."

Hopeful to get some kinda lead on the missing Lieu Deeks and Kensi pulled up to Arianna's house. The house was small perfect for someone like Arianna. They didn't expect any different unless Arianna was pulling something on the side. Deeks noticed the basketball goal sitting in the driveway.
"Still plays." Deeks muttered.

Kensi knocked on the door addressing who they were. Nobody answered the door. Deeks told Kensi he would check out the back. A few minutes later he came back around front.
"She has a nice backyard."
"Really Deeks?"
"Really!"

Kensi dug into her pocket til she found what she need. Bending down getting eye level with the door know she picked the lock and opened the door. They both pulled their guns, searched the house, then met back in the living room.
Kensi noticed a picture of Ariana with a group of girls. Each girl was dressed in uniform with the girl in the middle wearing the number twenty four holding the basketball. Kensi scanned the rest of the shelves coming back to the picture. She picked up the trophy next to the picture. The name on the trophy plate caught her eye.

"Hey Deeks check this out." She said handing him the trophy.

"Sharp shooter award. I bet I could out score her." Deeks said sarcastically.

Kensi rolled her eyes. "Really?" You know what never mind. Look at the name."

"Ariana Brandel." Deeks read out loud shuttering at the last name.

"All these trophies have the same name. Even on this picture she is in."

Kensi asked Fatima to run the name. In the meantime Deeks continued looking around the house. Moments later Fatima came over the earpieces with more information to give them.

"Kensi the name on the trophy is now known as Arianna Scott. She changed her last name right after she turned twenty-one."

"Why would she change her name?" Kensi puzzled.

"I can name a few reasons to change THAT name?"

"Touché."