54. Dog Days - NorthbyNorth

Title: Dog Days

Author: NorthbyNorth

Genre: Teenfiction

Summary: Lina Cortez has been kicked out of numerous schools, and all for reasons varying from arson, inappropriate sexual misconduct to selling alcohol, damaging school property and threatening students and teachers alike. Lina is out of control and her father had enough.

And his answer to her reckless, borderline criminal behaviour is The Woodvale Academy. The toughest military school in the country, notorious for its sociopathic students and strict, unforgiving rules. Better and stronger than any prison in the world, Woodvale is the last stop for lost causes like her.

Except there's one problem. The Woodvale Academy is an all-boys school.

But Lina is out of hand and desperate times call for desperate measures. So, she's disguised as a boy, given a new identity and shipped off to Woodvale.  Lina is thrust into a world of five a.m wake up calls, gruelling P.E lessons, drill teams, ruthless students and the horrible, horrible, complication of falling for a boy who thinks you're, well, a boy. 

Life at Woodvale is hard, harder than anything she has ever faced and Lina doesn't know how much longer she can last.

Status: ongoing

Rate: 9/10- The whole idea of the book was original and I like the book a lot so far.