Chapter 2: A Talk With an Occamy

I don't own Harry Potter and the characters, just Lucas Potter.

'Thoughts'

'Parseltongue'

Harry peeked around the corridor. Safe. He then went into the library to meet the snake with wings. 

  'Thank you for saving me, ssspeaker,' it hissed. Harry was shocked.

  "What? What do you mean speaker?" 

   "You do not know?" the snake sounded amused. "You are speaking it now: Parseltongue, language of the snakes. Can I be your familiar to repay you?"

Harry was more than curious. "Hmm..." He went off to find a book he had seen but apparently only he could understand: Parselmouths Through The Ages"Yes, you may be my familiar," he hissed. "It would be nice to have a friend."

The occamy, for that is what it was, was really surprised. "A friend? You do not have many, then?"

Harry laughed bitterly. "Friends? I have none. The house elves feed me, but are ordered not to talk to me. My brother, the snobby brat, has his own fan club, and because he's the Boy-Who-Lived he tells everyone to stay away from me, as I'm trouble and I 'take away his fame'."

"Well then, my offer is open. How much do you know of magic?" At Harry's answer of starting 4th year magic (wandlessly, at that) the occamy was thoroughly shocked. I have gotten myself bonded to an extremely powerful wizard... Fourth year wandless, at age six! "We should get you to the wizarding bank, Gringotts. I want to see what powers you have," the occamy said curiously.

Now Harry was excited. "Gringotts? Where goblins work? I've already learned their language, it was just so fascinating! I'd love to meet them! When can we go? Do we have to Apparate? What can you do? Oh, when can we go?" Harry was on a roll, and his overflowing curiousity was met by the occamy's chuckle.

"Relax, Harry. We'll ask the elves to transport us. Your parents never said anything about that, did they?"

"No... So we can go!"

"Yes. But first... Hold out your arm. Harry frowned but stuck it out anyway. The occamy glanced at, then seemed to slither into it, becoming a tattoo. Harry gasped. "What... how?" I am your familiar, and therefore part of you. Besides, the familiar bond allows us to do cool things like this, the occamy's voice floated back to him.

Harry grinned. Time for a trip to Gringotts.