Siege of The North

I will mostly write scenes that would most likely involve my OC in them.

~ ~ ~

A few days later, Suhara was wandering through the city. He looked into a shop and saw a band of cloth meant to be used as a belt. He mulls over buying it for a few seconds before he sees black snow falling in the reflection of the window. He turned around and looked into the sky. He holds out his hand, letting a few snowflakes fall into his hand before clenching it shut in anger. It wasn't snow, it was soot.

Suhara: The Fire Nation's here.

He then rushed to the plaza and found Sokka with Aang and Katara among a sea of sitting Water Tribe people.

Suhara: This isn't good.

Aang: Yeah, we know.

Chief Arnook: The day we have feared for so long has arrived. The Fire Nation is on our doorstep. It is with great sadness I call my family here before me, knowing well that some of these faces are about to vanish from our tribe. But they will never vanish from our hearts. Now, as we approach the battle for our existence, (He raised his arm up to the heavens in supplication) I call upon the great spirits! Spirit of the Ocean! Spirit of the Moon! Be with us! (Lowering his arms and continuing his address) I'm going to need volunteers for a dangerous mission.

Sokka: (Standing up) Count me in.

Katara: Sokka!

Many other men stand up in the crowd with him.

Chief Arnook: Be warned. Many of you will not return. Come forward to receive my mark if you accept the task.

The men form a line in front of the Chief to receive his mark. It is three red wave lines on the forehead, made from some paint that almost looked like blood that the Chief holds in a bowl in front of him. Sokka is the second in line. As Sokka leaves, he turned and made eye contact with Yue before he turned again and walked away. Yue began to cry in silence. Suhara sat on the roof of a building, looking out at the sea as soot continued to fall. Curtis walked up behind him with Sheba.

Curtis: The stillness before the battle is unbearable. Such a quiet dread.

Suhara: The Fire Nation is here. I've never fought them directly like this before, but... I'm gonna make a difference this time.

Curtis: And we'll be there with you to do exactly that.

Suhara stood up, the sun was glowing in front of him, a determined expression on his face.

~ ~ ~

All looked calm and quiet on a beautiful sunny day. A row of Water Tribe warriors line the top of the city wall, their faces painted for war. There was a solid line of warriors, with Aang atop Appa in the center. Katara and Sokka stand to Appa's left, Suhara to his right. They all look out to the sea with expressions of fierce determination. In the distance, a single ship was seen. It launched a fireball that hurtled directly at the center of the city wall. It strikes the water symbol in the center of the wall and blew a massive hole through it. Many defenders were blown backward into the city by the concussion, along with huge chunks of ice and debris. As he got up, Suhara watches Aang and Appa fly off. He then looked toward the lead ship. he ran over to a stationary telescope and looked through to see General Iroh onboard. He backed up a bit, still determined.

Suhara: This is it. I need to get onto that ship.

~ ~ ~

As Katara and Yue stared at the fight from a balcony far from the battlefield.