Part 7

MACKENZIE'S POV

"What have you two found?" Hotch said coming in with Dad.

"We found two possible suspects. One is named William Pierce, age 34. He worked with Katherine Thompson in the estate company she was working and he also had history with Mr. Thompson before that. The two really didn't like each other." I said pointing at William Pierce's picture.

"Then we have Sierra Quinn, age 28. She is a bartender at a popular bar called Angels Tavern. It was reported that Oliver Thompson was having an affair with her but his wife never decided to file for divorce." Spencer said.

"There was also a man named Sam Nichols who would've been a suspect as well but not anymore. He died five months ago. Drug overdose." Morgan said.

"What about Pierce? What's his story?" Hotch said.

"In 1998, he was a victim of Oliver Thompson in a alleged fight in their childhood neighborhood. Thompson cracked his skull with a steel pipe along with Sam Nichols." I said.

"That could be a motive. By Oliver's childhood history in school, the guy was a bully. The unsub was probably a victim of Oliver and they killed him and his family out of revenge." Emily said.

"That could be the case. But there's a lot records of Oliver who had trouble with other people around that time." Morgan said.

Alright. Morgan, you and Zee will go and talk to Sierra Quinn. Reid, Prentiss, you're with me." Dad said.

"I'll stay here with JJ and get more of the profile down with Garcia." Hotch said.

We all left the room walking our way towards the exit. Me and Morgan separated from Dad, Spencer, and Emily and got into a gray car that we rented for time we're staying in Mississippi. I got into the passenger seat while Derek got into the driver's seat then turned on the car. Soon we drove off heading to the bar that Sierra Quinn works at.

As the car drove, I was looking through the window watching as every bystander passed by. But then I saw an ice cream place that is also in Connecticut. It was one of my favorite places I go with my mom. I remember when we watched a angry lady try to get a free cup of ice cream when the ice cream she already got was fine. The lady got arrested and me and my mom thought it was the funniest thing that ever happened. I continued to remember these things in the past when suddenly I heard a snapping sound behind me that cut me out of my thoughts.

"Max!" Derek shouted.

I quickly turned around and looked at him. I saw that he flinched at my reaction.

"Oh... sorry. Are we here?" I said looking outside only to see that we were at a red light.

"Mackenzie, what has gotten into you? You've never gotten distracted like this." He said.

I looked down fiddling with my fingers. I heard him sigh before feeling his hand on my shoulder.

"Look kid, everyone on the team has been seeing you like this. We're all worried about you. Especially Gideon and Reid. You know how they are when they see you not in the right state of mind." He said.

I stayed silent.

"I'm just..... thinking about my mom. I want to know how she is. Though I'm thinking about the pros and cons about trying to find her. If I go see her, we will finally be reunited with not only her but with the rest of my family that's around the area. But if I do that, I will have to see my father and my younger sister that I have a negative relationship with and I don't want to deal with them." I said then turned my head to him.

"You never forgave them?" He asked.

"I don't plan to forgive them." I said.

I heard him sigh again before he drove the car after the light turned green.