Part 2: (The Past *The Incident*)

MACKENZIE'S POV

It was about 7:30 at night and I was in my room reading one of my favorite 1500s play Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare. I was waiting for my mommy to call me for dinner time. But as I read, I started to think about my graduation that was coming up soon. I smiled softly as I read. "Friday is gonna be a big accomplishment. Finishing High School and then heading to CalTech. I'm so happy". I thought. I was about to read the next page of my book when suddenly I heard daddy yelling my name. I jumped in fear when I heard him. "Oh no. What did Melissa say to him now?" I mumbled. My door suddenly swung open to reveal daddy holding Melissa in his arms. It looked like she covered her face with red and purple makeup on her eye. Did she really waste mommy's make up to blame something on me? And why does daddy believe that's real? "Mackenzie Levesque! Why would you hurt your sister?!" He shouted at me as he put her down. "B-But I didn't daddy. That b-black eye is fake. Don't you see?" I defended myself. "She's lying! She hurt me daddy! I just wanted to read one of her books but she wouldn't let me!" Melissa said as she faked cried. "No SHE'S lying! I was in my room this whole time!" I said. Suddenly daddy roughly grabbed my arm pulling me off my bed. "In my room NOW!" He growled as he started dragging me out of my room. I cried out telling him to stop pulling me because he was hurting me. He didn't listen. I kept telling him to let go until I started to get angry that he was ignoring me. "He's been doing this for years when Melissa started lying about me. I've had enough!" I thought. I yanked my arm which got me out of his grasp. He looked at me with shock by my actions. "I'm telling you, you're hurting me! Do you not hear me?!" I cried out rubbing my arm. "Young lady, don't you dare shout at me! I'm your father! You will not disrespect me!" He said. "Well you don't act like a father! A father would listen to both sides of a story. YOU only listen to what Melissa has to say! You never listen to me! MELISSA IS THE LIAR!" I shouted. "Don't shout at me, young lady!" He yelled back. I growled before walking away from him. I was about to head downstairs until I felt myself being pulled back from the stairs. "Don't. You. Dare. Walk away from me". He growled lowly. I flinched a little at his sudden emotion. "I-I just want to go see Mama". I said. "No you're staying up here! You're grounded for a month! For hurting your sister and for not sharing with her!" He said loudly. I looked at Melissa and saw her stick her tongue at me with a smirky face. "I DIDN'T HURT HER! SHE'S A BIG FAT LIAR! AND YOU'RE TOO GULLIBLE TO REALIZE IT! JUST BECAUSE SHE'S YOUNGER THAN ME!" I yelled. "Do you want to be grounded longer?!" He yelled back. I stayed silent as I stared at him. I felt tears falling in my face before putting my head down. "I hate you....". I mumbled. "What did you say? Speak up, Mackenzie". Daddy said. I clenched my fists and looked up at him with hateful eyes. "I HATE YOU, PAUL LEVESQUE!" I yelled. Daddy and Melissa looked at me with shock. Me and daddy stared at each other. He suddenly went closer to me which made my step back until I was at the stairs again. "What..?" He said softly. " I said I ha-".

SMACK!

I felt a painful feeling in my cheek. He.... He slapped me. He slapped me extremely hard. The slap was so hard, I felt my body twist. My eyes widen when I started stumbled and before I know it, I felt myself falling. "DADD-!!" I screamed but I was cut off when my face hit one of the steps. I kept stumbled until I soon got to the floor. I was in pain everywhere around my body and I was also falling in and out of consciousness. My eye sight were becoming blurry and I felt my blood running down my face. I was about to go unconscious but the last thing I heard was running and mama screaming and crying hysterically. My uncle, auntie, grandma, and grandpa were also here and I heard my grandpa screaming at someone but I think it was at daddy, my auntie on the phone which I think was the 911 operator, my grandma was helping mama with me because I felt another pair of hands on my head, and my uncle ran out of the room yelling out 'Hold on, I'll go get a towel!'. But soon I wasn't able to hear anyone anymore and I soon blacked out.