Meeting the Master

On their fourth attempt, Riftan and his knights successfully broke down the massive doors which groaned and creaked as they collapsed to the floor. They rushed into the great hall of the court with fury and urgency. 

It had taken them several months, but they had finally managed to track down who had kidnapped Lady Calypse and where they had taken her. 

Riftan was beside himself with worry and rage. An extremely dangerous combination of emotions. 

"WHERE IS SHE?" he roared as he approached a man lounging in a large chair adorned with massive jewels at the top of a small platform. The man relaxing in his elaborate throne-like chair was flanked by a few guards on either side. The sentries tensed at Riftan's outburst but remained still.

The man appeared to be around 50 years old with a tall slender build. He was clean shaven, and his eyes shined with an almost childlike joy. His tailored clothing was made of the most expensive fabric money could buy and the material's bright eccentric colors clashed horribly. 

Riftan paused abruptly at the bottom of the steps leading up to the platform. It took all his self-control not to use violence to get the answers he needed from the noble lounging lazily before him, but he was consumed with unbridled anger and he would probably go too far. It would take longer to find Maxi if the man were dead. 

The noble was completely unbothered by Riftan's fury which was on the verge of boiling over. The older man stretched like a cat and yawned before slowly rising from his chair. 

"Welcome, Lord Calypse," said the Master of the House. He spoke with a bubbly, unpleasant high-pitched voice that sounded overly excited and amused. "I am honored to have the esteemed Remdragon Knights in my hall, though I wish you had knocked instead of breaking down the door. Mahogany is quite expensive-."

"Cut the bullshit old man," Riftan seethed. "My wife was taken from our home months ago. We tracked those who were involved in her abduction here. Tell me where she is right now, or I will tear this place apart until I find her."

"Of course, but first," the Master said with a giddy smile. "There is someone I would like you to meet. "