Week 2

When I flipped open my notebook and looked at what I drew the day before I noticed again how beautiful his eyes are, and hair, and his dimples-I'll shut up now-. So he's breathtakingly gorgeous, so what? Big deal. He probably has some huge character flaw which will cause him to turn into a huge dick sometime soon. Probably... or not. I'm used to guys being dicks to girls where I come from. They're either nerds or dicks, there is no in-between. But this is the south, so obviously everybody is way too sweet to me. But then again, he just moved here. Roxy came knocking and of course our door was open. The great thing about this town is that everybody knows each other so you really don't have to worry about burglars. It was Roxy and she turned her head around the corner and put out her arm showing me a paper bag. I didn't even need to ask her to know what was in the bag. I stumbled out of my chair and nearly fell down trying to grab the bag. She had brought me a bag of her grandma's homemade snickerdoodles. I love those so much and basically stuffed the whole bag in my mouth immediately. We went outside and sat on the porch. She invited me to this party her brother is going to, Roxy was going with one of his friends and he doesn't like it one bit, so in exchange she told him he could take me. It's tomorrow already. I've basically been stressing out all night about what I'll wear. Sometimes I can just kill Roxy! 

--

I've been spending most of my mornings at home rather than at the pier like I used to previous summers, it's not that I don't like Daniel, don't get me wrong I quite like him. -quite might be an understatement-. But I just like being by myself, I enjoy the peace and quiet. I haven't spent much time with him but I like his company. He talks just enough, he doesn't shower me in a waterfall of words but there's never an awkward silence either. But no Dan for me today, Roxy apparently needs an entire day to get ready for a party. She was standing outside my bedroom at 9 am, I was busy finishing some of my sketches and didn't even bother getting up. She had brought make-up and clothes, thank god. She was holding a very pink bag up in the air and asked me if I had showered yet, did I look like I hadn't? She dropped her bag on my bed and turned my room into her personal beauty salon. I ignored her sting and got my limited supply of beauty products out. The next few hours were spent trying to enjoy myself while Roxy treated me like her giant Barbie doll. I have to say the result was great. I actually looked like a girl with a social life. We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and catching up some more. When it was time to leave for the party I started feeling a bit awkward. It hadn't dawned on me until now that I would have to spend an evening being flirty around Sam. I hadn't seen Sam in two years either and my crush on him had kind of cooled down. When we got to the party I realized it wasn't the kind of party we do at home. I have never been much of a party girl but big house parties don't happen here because there's just not enough teenagers around. This party seemed to be as big as it gets. I noticed they had put big straw bales around a campfire and music was playing. I immediately felt more at ease, this was the kind of party I could enjoy. I saw Roxy waving at two guys and I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I recognised Sam. He also changed a lot, he had grown and had some stubble going on. I was digging it. My feelings for him returned instantly when we went over to them and he instantly grabbed my waist and pulled me into one of his big bear hugs, nearly lifting me off the ground completely. He told me he had missed me and asked where my baby chub had gone while  poking my belly. He gave me a kiss on my cheek and let go of my waist. I punched his shoulder and he let out a fake cry. I felt stupid for even thinking I wouldn't like him like this anymore. He's amazing, he always makes me laugh and he's a true gentleman. I was so glad Roxy invited –read: forced me to come- to this.- I even met some new people and I started feeling a little less lonely. I met some people that actually live around here instead of coming over here during the summer. Roxy disappeared with Sam's friend somewhere at the end of the evening so Sam walked me home. He brought me all the way to the front door and kissed my cheek before turning around and leaving.He smiled while turning around and said I had really grown up. I went inside and closed the front door. Well what d'ya know, a little make-up does help. I chuckled and crept up the stairs so I wouldn't wake up my grandmother.