{Chapter 4}

3rd Person POV:

It was midnight when the five teenagers were woken up by a voice in the hallway, "This was completely irresponsible of you Maddox." the boys realize it was Elijah and get up to go see what was going on. They open their door to poke their heads only to see Elijah, looking irritated, helping a limping Maddox go to his room and holding a bag of ice in his hand that wasn't holding Maddox up. "What is going on?" Liam asked the pair. "Genius over here decided to try and do his homework while walking in the dark after he already messed up his ankle at practice. Don't worry about it boys. Go back to bed." Elijah told the five half asleep teenagers. The five boys watched Elijah take Maddox to his room across the hall before they went in their room and climbed back into bed.

The next morning was quieter than usual due to the fact that Maddox was sleeping in since he couldn't go for a run with one of his legs injured in at least two places. His dad told him to stay in bed and wait for him to get up so he could help Maddox downstairs to the couch since Maddox's personal doctor will be stopping by the house to check on the injured limb.

Maddox woke up at six thirty, later than his usual but still too early for everyone else, and decided to play on his phone until Elijah woke up at seven thirty and went to get him from his bed. Liam, Harry, Niall, Louis, and Zayn woke up around nine o'clock since they are not going to school until next week and make their way downstairs. Once the five are all down the stairs they are met with the sight of Maddox lying on the couch with his foot raised on a pillow with an ice pack on it. "Hey Maddox, how's the leg doing?" Niall, being always friendly, asked his new little brother. Maddox looked up from his phone, just noticing the older boys were in the room. Maddox sees the slight worry in their eyes and tells them it's nothing. "I'll be okay, no need to worry. When you do as many activities as I do this kind of stuff happens all the time. Dad is just over reacting like parents always seem to do, when doc gets here he will probably say it's just a small fracture and say to just be careful for the next few days." Maddox, wearing a smile on his face, tells the five older boys. Hearing what Maddox said calmed his new older brothers' worry somewhat so they let it go for the moment.

"Well, since you are laid up for now do you want to get to know each other more? Maybe play twenty questions?" Liam suggested to everyone, mostly Maddox. so that the five brothers could get to know Maddox, not just Maddox schedule. Maddox smiled and said that he was up for it, making the boys happy too. "Okay, we will get some snacks and drinks from the kitchen. Do you want us to grab anything for you?" Liam asked the temporarily immobile boy. "If it is not too much trouble can you get me a water bottle and the premade bowl of fruit from the fridge?" Maddox asked nicely. Liam nodded his head with a smile before walking to the kitchen with Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Niall. They all grabbed their own snacks and drinks that were all chips and soda, grabbing Maddox's stuff last.

Every got comfortable in different places around the living room on the couches, recliners and floor with their respective snacks. Before they started the game, Maddox told them quickly that he didn't know any of their names so they all took turns saying their names so that Maddox knew who was who.

The oldest boys agreed that it should be Liam to ask the first question. "Okay, Maddox, what is your favorite animal?" Maddox didn't even have to think before blurting out "Sloths" everyone else looked at him confused except for Liam. "the animal that moves super slow and has long claws" Maddox had to simplify for them. Liam said his were kangaroos, Louis said turtles, Zayn said koalas, Harry chose fish because there are so many different kinds, Niall said his favorite animal was a monkey.

Maddox took a minute to think before asking. "What is your favorite color?" Harry responded by saying blue, Louis picked green, Zayn said red, Liam said yellow, Niall said green, and I said turquoise.

It was Louis' turn to ask a question "What do you do for fun?" the five brothers were all wondering what Maddox did for fun or if he even had fun at all with him being busy all the time. "During relax time I like to ride skateboards and dirt bikes, draw, play instruments, or read depending on my mood" Maddox told them. Liam said reading, Louis and Niall said video games, Harry said he loved to bake, and Zayn said he like to experiment with new ways to make art.

It was Zayn's turn to come up with the question. "Do you ever get tired of all the activities that you do?" was what he decided to ask. "Honestly, sometimes I want to be lazy after school and come home to play video games or go out with friends. I told dad about it a year ago, he told me that I needed to finish that season for soccer since I made a commitment then I can choose what to do and not to do during the winter season. I cut everything down to just my internship and hockey for the winter. I was so bored that I realized I love my busy schedule but I did cut down to only doing one practice and one game per sport a week instead of two or three like I use to and decided to ride dirt bikes and skateboards as a hobby instead of competitions. Then do snowboarding competitions during winter so I'm not bored." They all looked shocked for a minute before smiling at me in understanding before they took turns telling me what activities they like to do. Liam said he likes to play football, Louis said soccer, Zayn loves to take part in art shows, and Niall wants to do school band.

Before Niall could ask a question, the door bell rung making dad come down the stairs. "Hey boys. Maddox, it seems your doctor is here." Dad said before heading to open the door. Liam, Louis, Harry, Zayn, and Niall and turned back to me, "Your doctor comes to the house?" Harry asked, looking awfully confused. "Yeah, instead of having to call him to different hospitals or going all the way to his office he just comes here." they still don't seem to completely understand but before I could explain dad and the doctor, Dr, Allison, came into the living room.

"You can't seem to stay out of trouble can you Maddox?"