CARD XIII: You are thrilling me.

"You aren't affected by the red flicker." He suddenly seemed so inquisitive of her, like it gave only her in this world who interested him, who was important to him.

"What brings me to it; How do you do it, the winning..." he had to try again; no matter if this was another mistake or not. He had spent enough of his precious time pretending to be a picture-perfect angel when he was in reality the exact opposite.

Jungwon really despised this, the necessity of this behaviour to get back what he wanted.

"Even if you wouldn't be manipulated, their are still enough traps to fall into and lose against them." He leaned subconsciously closer to her.

"I saw it before," she answered while glancing at another page of the notes.

"Before?"

He swore if he wouldn't get something now, not even a little bit, Jay would need to clean up the chaos he will have caused yet again.

Her hand rather loudly rested on the table as her eyes met his. "Before I started to play."

He frowned. "As far as I know you played against someone on your first day here, also the academy isn't accessible to non students of Jeolmang."

Their eye contact broke, her jaw more tensed the longer this continued. "I watched a lot of tricks when I was younger because of interest." She had to give him something credible.

"You like to watch how you can trick others?"

How much longer would he insist on her answers? Which detail would be enough for him?

"I am able to analyze a game's foundation and can reconstruct it to use it to my advantage. Happy with that?"

Jungwon merely stared at her, not being fed well enough for his taste.

"So tricks don't do it for me." She exhaled deeply. "Repeating the same movement every time the other isn't attentive, having the same sucsession of symbols or numbers -"

He stopped her midway, not needing something that had already turned out as a failure on his side. "You aren't going to list every member's incompetence, are you?" His eyebrow raised rather judgementally.

"You asked, I answered." She shrugged. "The same as you did to me." She copied his facial expression in the exact same manner, making him dissolve his serious one to his charming smile.

"I will be careful enough to not be your opponent, Eyun-ah. I guess, it would end bad for me." Jungwon scratched the side of his head a bit embarrassed.

"Depends on your game strategy," she commented, making him unexpectedly laugh. "Don't give me ideas."

"You said I am part of the register now, right?" She stood up from the chair, straightening her skirt. "We are on the same side then. I don't think there will be a reason to change that."

That was the first time she sincerely smiled at him, a pure one with no shadow.

Jungwon's eyes followed her figure leaving the register without another word.