Chapter 2: Love Exposure

The Aihara Academy, a private all-girl school for the rich and highly capable, has stood for almost three generations of the Aihara family – my family – as a symbol of pure excellence in our community. A proud school that has produced many highly influential and powerful figures in the metropolitan Tokyo area, perhaps even reaching further throughout Japan too. The Aihara Academy is one that clings strongly to many traditional values of decorum and respectability, it does so to a fault it should be said. In truth, you could have unsurprisingly accused our school of being aloof, stuffy, and uptight. For so long I had thought that the way things had been, were in fact the way they should always be. It was all I knew. 

Just like many of the other students, I too may have been living a sheltered life within the walls of the Aihara Academy, protected from the complex reality of the world outside and all its many differing points of view and experiences. Every morning when I walk past the gates and in through the doors, I am reminded by how much the previously claustrophobic atmosphere within the school's hallways has eased so naturally because of Yuzu's presence. So too has the tension in head eased, while the tugging and aching of my heart grows. Standing next to Yuzu in this school fills me with so much confidence also alongside my other feelings of love for her, alas, I have morning duties to address with the school council and Yuzu must continue ahead to class.

"Well, I'll leave you here for now, Mei- student council President." Yuzu corrects herself and refers to me more formally in my official capacity of President, appearing overly familiar is something we know to avoid. "I'll see you in class later." To my surprise – and a pleasant one at that – Yuzu delicately takes hold of my hand and slowly releases her grip as she walks away. Given our early arrival the school is not yet abuzz with other students, she must have felt capable to steal away a parting gesturing.

See you then, I thought to call out in response, but the sudden touch of Yuzu's pristinely cared-for hands must have lodge something in my throat. It was a most immovable object indeed that could not allow for any mere words to pass so casually. Instinctively I could tell the only way to clear it from my throat was to swallow it whole and let the moment pass or, dispel it completely by proclaiming Yuzu's name with all my might. I chose the former, such is my disposition. As consolation, or perhaps as reward, the bounding energy with which Yuzu ascended the stairs and crested their peak afforded me a peek of my own; one that was directed up towards the firmament themselves and the glorious sight of Yuzu's undergarments. I was locked in place in awe, as the spinning wheel of emotions I have felt this morning continued to revolve, leaving me dizzy from its motions. Nonetheless it was time to move.

Morning duties for the school council are usually a routine matter; review any notices, prepare for any specific activities on the day, make school wide announcements on any upcoming matters. Today was no different, save for the lack of any goings-on for the day. The remaining three members of the student council arrived soon after me, we exchanged pleasantries and gave passing mention to the weather before turning our attention to our work in earnest. Even someone such as I can find these mornings mundane and tedious, but today they offer a chance to relax and refocus myself after the day I have had thus far. I have recounted many times how Yuzu has had an impact on the atmosphere of this school, though, when it comes to matters of the student council, it is nice for this to be a more consistent and unchanged aspect of the school. The approach to our responsibilities still carries the appropriate weight it has always demanded. No time to be lost thinking about illicit things like underwear. Yuzu's underwear. Yuzu's cute cheeks hugged tight by her high-rising, lacey underwear. Her pan-

"...President? President? What do you think of that proposal, is there any budget available for these first-year programmes?" It was Hikami-san's voice this time that came in like radio interception.

"Pan..." The sound of my voice was somehow able to escape this time, if only to drop me in an embarrassing situation.

"Pan?" I could see my approval rating drop in the eyes of the already prickly first-year.

"...cake." I offered as a suitable follow up to my earlier sound.

"Pancake. Did you not eat breakfast or something?" Hikami-san's pointed response was tinged with the remnants of her incredulity towards me, but her quizzical expression could not help breaking out into a smirk.

"Oh, so even our President daydreams about what she wants to eat?" Sakuraba-san took her turn to chime in with her warming glow. It seems that is another thing someone is learning about me today.

"Please forget what I just said. Hikami-san, let us get back to our important business, could repeat what you said?" I said attempting to get things back on track.

"No, no, it's fine if the President would like to share with us her longing to eat pancakes. My thing can wait." Hikami-san pounces on her chance to claim some form of victory over me.

"What is all this about you lot teasing the Madame President for wanting to eat pancakes? She is a human too, you know!" Never one to be left behind, or miss an opportunity to come to my aide, Himeko-san has her say.

"There really is no issue." I say and continue on trying to deftly save face in this instance "You were asking about the budget available for first-year extra-curriculum activities, Hikami-san? I foresee no problems in allocating the budget you are requesting. Diligent work as always"

"Very well, thank you." Hikami-san withdraws from her approach to my desk and recalibrates her paperwork.

"I like my pancakes with loads of syrup and ice-cream, American style! How about you Aihara-san?" Sakuraba-san reanimates the pancake discussion, failing to read the room. "Ah! We should all meet up for a pancake breakfast sometime." She gleefully proports, giving me no time to respond to her initial question.

"Ahem. I... must also concur on this idea to have share breakfast together." Himeko-san puffs out her chest, unable to contain her ulterior motive – no matter how innocent. "Sounds good, Mei-san?"

Caught like a dear in the headlights and desperate to have my mind occupied by anything else, I concede: "Indeed." This was met by a round of applause from Sakuraba-san.

"Really?" Hikami-san initially responds disapprovingly but a quick glance to Sakuraba-san's beaming face wins her round.

"We should take this an opportunity to nurture our bound as the student council and create a positive environment within ourselves for the benefit of the school." Sounding very rehearsed and well contemplated, no one would disagree with the need to approach it from that sort of mindset following the trouble my relationship with Yuzu caused Hikami-san.

"Since this would technically be an official outing for us as the student council, it must be for student council only. Right, Mei-san?" Himeko-san words were also unconvincing at hiding subtext, but I assured her that would in fact be the case as our meeting that started out unremarkable, ended up with us agreeing to go eat pancakes because I was thinking of Yuzu's panties.

Time for lesson to begin. Another realisation struck me like the crushing hunger pang of one who is desperate to gorge themselves on sweet pancakes. We have PE later today. That meant our class would have to change into our PE kits in our classroom together. Usually this would be a benign task I would perform in a perfunctory and efficient manner, never experiencing any awkwardness or embarrassment. But that is all in relation to myself as individual, what is within the bounds of my existence to control, Yuzu is different story. When she takes off her regular school uniform, her blouse and her skirt, everything concealed underneath will be on full display. All the other girls in the class will have the esteemed pleasure of feasting their sights on Yuzu's underwear, her body and there is nothing I can do to stop them. One thing I can be sure of is that I am not going to miss seeing Yuzu undress at school for myself, no way! Whenever did I become a person like this?