Chapter 1: Tainted Love

I had noticed that Yuzu started wearing increasingly gaudy underwear, not exceptionally indecent, but bordering on much too inappropriate for school. It is not so strange for me to take notice of Yuzu's underwear. As sisters and as lovers, I have seen Yuzu in her underwear many times already; when changing for school or for bed, or even in our more intimate moments, this is nothing too new an experience for me. However, I have been finding it harder and harder to not have Yuzu's choice of underwear on my mind – which has been troubling. Typically, Yuzu wears differing soft pastel coloured, cotton panties or an occasional silk panty with minimal decoration. I would prefer it if she wore a similar plain white panty to mine, modest and uniform but gradually she is pushing the limits.

Yuzu's underwear today? A seamless, strawberry pink, lacey garment that tucks around her buttocks a little too high and exposes her cheeks cleanly from her upper thigh. I think that even the front side of her underwear may have had see-through patterns along the top between the lacing. I could feel a tightened expression contorting its way upon my face as I scowled at imagining Yuzu in such indecent panties. Thankfully, Yuzu is the type to keep herself trim down there, if I wore such a thing however- that scowling expression soon turned blushed and burning on my earlobes. How could I be having thoughts like these this early in the morning, it is most unbecoming of the Student Council President.

"Hey, Mei?" Yuzu's voice breaks me out of my stupor, and I stop dead in my tracks, eyes widen to the road now in front of me busy with the traffic of the morning commute. "Are you still tired, Mei? Its not like you to be so unfocused in the morning, but I guess even you must have those sorts of days. Just try to be a little more aware of your surroundings." She beams me a warm smile as leans in to get my attention.

"Right. Thank you, Yuzu." I quickly straighten my back and recompose myself, reaffixing my usual calm and controlled expression.

"You seemed to have had quite the face on there before, anything troublesome coming up today for the student council?" Yuzu's concern for me is everlasting even during incidental moments such as these.

"No, there is not anything like that. Its just as you say, I must have still been somewhat tired." We waited side by side for the traffic lights to change as a cool breeze blew by. The cool air of early morning in July brought the promise of a day that had yet to begin to heat up to a temperature it would settle on. The days would start warmer still come August fast approaching, but my mind's fixation on Yuzu's tight-fitting panties around her buttocks had confused my face into thinking it was already the searing, Japanese heat of August. Nonetheless, as the lights changed from red to green, I stepped forwards into another day. "The weather is really nice today, Yuzu."

"Sure is!" Yuzu, who had been caught flat-footed, quick stepped to match my pace and arrive on the other side of the road in sync with me.

Yuzu's whirlwind personality had brought along a lifetime worth of changes and new experiences my way, and that of my family's Aihara Academy also. Among which was the addendum to the school's previously strict uniform policy: ...as students' goals for the future shift and change, there are some situations in which exceptions can be made. This tenuously written line was my first official imprint upon the school as student council president. While it may have been added for benefit and encouragement for students and developing individual selves, I cannot deny I had it worded it vaguely to allow for Yuzu – a previously foreign object in the school – to continue with her unrivalled and unyielding sense of self-expression by way of her uniform and hairstyle. Much consideration has been given to Yuzu by me on the behalf of the school, so it is rightfully my responsibility to make sure Yuzu remains within the bounds of decency as a third-year representative of our school.

When Yuzu first arrived at the Aihara Academy, her uniform was completely out of line; there was not one single part of her that was compliant with school rules. I suppose it only makes sense that it was ultimately the school rules that brought themselves inline with Yuzu, rather than the other way around. Still, Yuzu is much more amenable, mature, and focused these days, I am seriously impressed by her newfound dedication to her studies – I'm more concerned that it has gone too far, in fact, than with issues of uniform. Perhaps then is this some form her retaining her "gyaru" image, her real identity? 

Previously I have looked to Taniguchi-san to help Yuzu attain a better balance between her important studies and her social life (something that I recognise as being a unique and key part to what makes Yuzu, Yuzu and, what I find so adoring about her). If that were the case and this was about a more visible part of her uniform, I could confidently request that it be addressed. However, this an awkward and shameful subject matter. Not just in terms of the shame it could bring to the Aihara Academy if one of its students was seen with this style of erotic underwear – to say nothing of her short skirt length – but also of the shame and embarrassment it would bring me to make mention of it to her, to so brazenly admit to thinking about the underwear she has on each day. How would Yuzu react if she knew I had these kinds of thoughts in my head? What then would her image of me as her lover be, let alone as student council president?

The closer I grow to Yuzu and the deeper my feelings for her become, I find it harder to be open about these more yearning emotions. The love I feel for Yuzu is genuine and undeniable. I have no difficulty in affirming that much to Yuzu, despite how tough I might find it to have the words pass my lips. When it comes to the more passionate, heart racing and ... gooier feelings that drive a desire for me to be physical with Yuzu, I begin to come across incapable. In earnest, I would say I may have behaved regrettably, uncontrolled, and selfishly towards Yuzu in the beginning – for sure, I know I pushed on to her a lot of my own personal suffering and exploited certain weaknesses I thought I spied in her. 

When I reflect on those times, I cannot help but feel guilty, feel as though I have no right to enjoy the love that Yuzu shares back with me. Somehow Yuzu stuck with me and for each moment of selfishness I forced Yuzu through, or every time I took some piece of her for my own needs, she responded with a moment of compassion, understanding. Yuzu would return my attempts at self-destruction with a genuine kindness and a patience that only a truly mature and considerate soul could spare. Simply put, Yuzu has led me through so many dark moments that I never want to let go of her hand for another second. All these emotions combined, both the complicated and straight-forward, are why I feel the need to continue to hold back a little longer and do things in the proper order for the sake of our relationship.

I must admit that this is all too intense for me to think about so early in the morning. I am fully aware that, as the student council president, I must ensure Yuzu is dressed respectfully while also contending with the fact that I am led astray by thinking of Yuzu in her underwear. For now, I will do my best to file these thoughts away and carry on with the day as normal, it is not as though Yuzu is going to start showing off her underwear to anyone. The cool breeze returned to lap itself across my reddened cheeks and waft through my hair, picking up into a full-blown gust. The thought of Yuzu's temptingly short skirt then suddenly occurred to me – I turned around just in time!

"Eep!" Yuzu's soft cry of surprise managed to reach my ears through a blustering wind that had Yuzu struggling to keep hold of her hair strewn in her face and, perhaps more importantly, the hem of her skirt. The wind had dutifully lifted her skirt in a very efficient manner, leaving me with a view her underwear that, had it not been for Yuzu's scrambling hands, would have been perfectly unobstructed. What was left clear and unprotected were Yuzu's bare legs that, through a combination of her up-turned skirt and low-rise socks, seemed effectively naked. Her soft, not too-skinny thighs were drawn close to the point of touching as Yuzu bent her knees in response to the wiles of the wind. After a few brief moments Yuzu noticed that I was turned to face her direction and where my eyes were locked unavoidably – though she seemed to have not comprehended their intentions.

"Ha-ha. Safe, safe." Yuzu, not content with unintentionally flashing her underwear, flashed me peace sign with an out-stuck tongue. Seems like today is going to be a strange one, I thought to myself reticently. Maybe the wind really is carrying with it the climate of an August morning?