[1]

┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈┈୨♡୧┈┈┈┈┈┈

There was no way that your mother had expected you to be serious when she had mentioned heading overseas for the summer. You were fresh into college -- second year -- and the summer time was when most of your activities would be happening. You had plans to travel with friends from high school and catch up since most of you had gone your separate ways during college, but on this dewy Saturday morning, your mother had slapped the news on you.

"It'll be fun," she tried her best convincing you, but you wouldn't give in. "Jennie brought Angeline last summer and now she's studying abroad there," she said whilst you at breakfast, moving around the syrup-y sausage around the table with a look of distaste on your features. Her mentioning your by-law cousin didn't help, especially since the two of you didn't get along.

Your mother's sister had married a heir during their college years and there came Angeline, a very stuck up and barely tolerable cousin. "I assume we'll be seeing them out there?" You said, looking up from your half-eaten plate onto the features of your mother who had been pacing around the kitchen. Like her, you had brown skin and a head full of curly hair that you did your best maintaining. At the moment, it had been in a preparation style of bantu knots. Your mother preferred to keep her head shaved and for some reason, was not in favor of you doing the same.

"We don't have to see her.. Have I convinced you to come instead of going back to campus?" She asked, tossing the dish rag that she had been cleaning up with in the sink. She joined you at the table, gazing past you to look past the view from the high-rise penthouse you grew up in. "Y/N, I want you to come with me. I have a feeling it will be amazing!"

You had never been one for disappointing your mother, so you wouldn't disappoint her this time. Without a verbal confirmation, you started to chase your sausage around the plate again. This time catching it with the side of the fork and cutting a portion, shoving it past the frown on your plump lips. Your mother loved to travel and loved to photograph her memories -- joining her on one trip couldn't be that bad.

Right?

⋅. ✯ .⋅

During grade school, you recalled a time when there was an alert for suspicious activity roaming around the neighborhood. The entire school was put on lockdown for a total of 30 minutes, rendering the A lunch that you had obsolete. Up until then, that had been one of the longest moments of being still in your life -- had been. Your back was beginning to tense up from the position you had been in, cushion from Korean Airlines providing enough comfort to forget that you had been traveling for over 10 hours.