Chapter 8-You Have To Choose!

Kate has been moping around for months and it is driving me nuts. I do not know what to do to help her. Every time we go out she is always looking around. When I ask Lee how Mateo is doing he says the same thing is going on with Mateo. We do not know how to help them. We have come up with a plan to try to get them to at least talk.

"Kate can you run me to Lee's so I can get the notes from our math class that I missed?" I ask her while towel drying my hair.

"Not if he is there. I still can't believe you two were put in the same class." She says sitting up on her bed.

"He won't. He is in class right now that is why I asked." I say.

Sighing and getting up she says, "Fine. Let's go."

I smile before brushing out my hair and pulling it into a messy ponytail. I hope this works.

After she parks at Lee and Mateo she looks around. When she sees his car is gone she smiles and gets out of the car. When we get to the door I knock and wait for Lee. When he opens the door Kate smiles before hugging him.

"What was that for?" He asks looking at me confused.

"I have missed you dude. I haven't seen you in weeks." She says before walking into the house.

"Well that's not my fault. I thought you were ignoring me because every time I say you and waved you would turn the opposite direction." He says while shutting the door.

Kate walks over to the couch and sits on it, "You are always with him when I see you. The one time I saw you walking with Ivy I was going to go over there but he showed up so I just walked on by."

He nods, "I understand it is hard for you right now." He looks over at me, "I will go get the notes."

I look at Kate, "I am going to go with him."

She looks at me confused, "Why?"

"That way we can leave faster. I know you don't really want to be here when Mateo returns from class." I say.

She thinks about it for a minute, "Go then. The sooner we leave the better."

I walk into Lee's room, "Do you think this is going to work?" I ask.

He shrugs, "We will find out soon. He just pulled in."

Looking down at my shoes, "What if it doesn't work?"

He walks over to me and kisses my head, "Then we try something else. I hate that we all cannot hang out together because of their break up."

"I am just scared that if it doesn't work it will drive us apart." I say.

He wraps his arms around me, "That won't happen."

"We have only been together for a month and it has been hard because they want nothing to do with each other. This makes hanging out hard." I say.

"Lee I am back." We hear.

"What are you doing here? Ivy told me you have class now." I hear Kate say.

"I just finished my class. I also live here. What are you doing here?" Mateo says.

I grab the notes from where he set them and head towards the living room but I stay in the dark so they do not see me.

Mateo laughs, "Well then you will be here a while. Since they started dating a month ago they have always been in his room."

I watch Kate's face turn to confusion, "They are not dating. She would have told me."

Mateo laughs, "The only reason I know is because I came home and heard them. When I asked Lee about what I heard he told me. They weren't going to tell anyone right now they were going to wait."

Kate laughs, "Well she still would have told me we have been friends for a long time. But you always think you know everything."

I jump when Lee's arms wrap around my stomach, "They talking about us I see." He whispers in my ear.

I nod, "At least they are talking."

I watch them talk for a few more minutes before leaving Lee's arms and walking into the living room.

When Kate sees me she smiles, "Ivy please tell this idiot that you and Lee are not together."

I look at Mateo and watch him raise an eyebrow before looking at Kate, "I can't because it is true Kate. Lee and I have been dating for a month. I did not tell you because I thought you would get pissed because he is Mateo's roommate."

When she gets a hurt look on her face I feel bad, "You believe I would not support you? I have no problem with Lee. Ivy I know you have liked Lee since you first met him I would have been happy for you."

"How could we have known Kate? When we started dating if anyone said Mateo's name you would not talk to them for weeks. We didn't want to take a chance on you not talking to Ivy just for dating me." Lee says.

"I would have never done that to Ivy. She knows me better than anyone." Kate yells.

"Kate you did not talk to her for two days after she told you she was coming over here to study with me." Lee says.

Kate looks away, "Well I see why everyone is always being cautious around me now."

"Kate we are not sure when your moods will hit. They have been all over the place the last few months. It is hard to know when the best time would have been to tell you. I am sorry you found out now and from Mateo but you have to understand why we did it." I say.

Kate lets out a laugh, "Well you know what Ivy I am sorry that I have been moody. You think I like feeling happy one second and pissed the next? You are supposed to be my best friend and you did not even tell me when you started dating Lee. How do you think that makes me feel? The one person you have told everything to is the last one to know."

I watch her turn her head and wipe her cheek. Now I feel really bad because she is crying. She has always been there for me and now I have hurt the one person who I swore to never hurt.

She turns and looks at me, "You know what Ivy I am leaving now and you can either come with me or stay. In other words who will you choose me or Lee?"

___________________________

Sorry it has been so long since I last posted a new chapter. I started my new job on March 3rd and have not had time to write anything until today. Let me know what you think of this chapter by voting or commenting.

~Ariel (AJ)