Chapter 6-"I'm about to throw my phone out the window!"

Ever since my mom met Lee she has texted me at least twenty times a day for an ‘update’ on me and Lee. I think she is just bored without any pageant things to work on. I just wish she would take up a new hobby to occupy her time because I am not sure how much more I can take of her asking for an update.

School has been flying by that I am lucky if I even see Lee once a week. I know Kate is getting irritated with me because they will all go out and I stay in with my nose in my textbooks. I am only doing it since this is my last year before entering the big world of being an adult.

“Ivy, please come out with us tonight?” I hear Kate say from inside the closet.

“No.” I say while writing do a song that I will use for my final project.

“Why? I know you finally are homework free.” She says.

I look up at her, “So I want to get a start on my final project for my degree.”

“You have months to work on it. Just one night that is all I am asking.” She says walking out in my clothing.

“Comfortable?” I ask laughing.

She looks down at what she is wearing and blushes, “Sorry but I thought you wouldn’t mind.”

I start laughing, “I don’t mind. You know you are welcomed to my clothing.”

She looks at me, “Please. I miss my best friend. Will you come out with us tonight?”

I look away than down at my song, “Okay.”

She squeals when I hold up my hand she covers her mouth, “I will come out for a couple hours.”

She grabs for something in my closet before I have something black flying towards me. When in lands on the end of my bed I pick it up and look at Kate like she has lost it.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” I ask.

“You are supposed to wear it silly.” She says fixing her hair.

I sigh and slip out of my sweats and baggy t-shirt before putting on the black dress. It stops at my thigh, hugs my curves and shows off my chest.

Pulling at that dress I say, “I cannot wear this.”

She walks over and slaps my hands away, “You can and will.”

I sigh, “There is no way I am getting out of wearing this am I?”

“Nope.” She says before pushing me onto my computer chair.

She re-straightens my hair and styles it off to one side. When she grabs to start my make up I slap her hands away.

“Ouch. I was just trying to help.” She says rubbing her hand.

I laugh before turning to look in the mirror on my computer desk, “Have you forgotten the last time you tried to help?”

She blushes before saying, “I told you I didn’t mean to make you look like a…like a…”

“Clown?” I say while looking at her in the mirror with my eyebrow raised.

She plays with the end of her hair, “I said I was sorry.”

After doing a natural makeup look I grab one of my small purses so I can take my phone, keys and some money with me. I grab a jacket and look at Kate who is texting on her phone.

I walk towards her, “Who you texting?”

She shakes her head, “No one.”

I look over her shoulder and see my mom’s name and number, “Why are you talking to my mom?”

“Because she texted you.” She says.

I look at her confused until I see she is holding my phone, “Wait why do you have my phone?”

“Because I accidently grabbed your when I went to grab mine. I saw you had a text from your mom so I decided to text her back for you.” She shrugs like it is no bug problem.

I grab my phone from her hands just as a new message comes in asking for an update on Lee and me.

“I am about to throw my phone out the window!”  I say.

“Another update text?” Kate says while walking towards the door.

“Yep.” I say while following her.

I decide to not answer it. Shutting off my phone I put it into my purse. I guess I will have to just text her later.

“Let’s go have some fun.” Kate says linking her arm with mine.

______________________________________________

Sorry if the chapter is short it is a filler. 

~Ariel (AJ)