CHAPTER TWO

Caitlin sighed once again, 'I wanted fresh air and some quiet.' She cast him a reproving look for interfering with her quiet time.

'Shouldn't you be with your girlfriend?' Caitlin spat and immediately regretted the immature remark. Nicholas cast a slow appreciative look over her slender frame.

'Full moon, starry sky, such a shame to spend it alone, don't you think?' he teased coming to sit next to her, ignoring the other loungers close by. 'So why did you run out on me Caitlin? We did not finish our dance,' he mocked.

Because I did not like the way my body was responding to you, she wanted to scream. 'I'm sure there is more than one willing partner to humor you Nicholas Brenthurst. So why don't you get back to the party. I want to be alone!' she demanded.

'No.' He responded rather too coolly.

'N-no!' she repeated, with considerable effort.

His eyes lowered to her sensuous lips. 'I find you rather attractive Caitlin,' he told her pointedly. 'And I know you feel some attraction too,' he spoke softly.

She swallowed, choosing not to respond.

'So I'd rather be here with you,' he taunted, his eyes full of desire roving from her eyes, to her mouth.

'You are a despicable man Nicholas Brenthurst. Are you always in the habit of such poor manners, deserting your girlfriend and then hitting on other women?' she flung at him.

He sighed audibly, 'If it's any consolation, it's a first for me,' he confessed, 'I just can't get you out of my mind ever since you ran into my arms yesterday.'

Caitlin gawked, 'I did not run into your arms that was an accident!'

So you couldn't get me out of your mind!

'What is a consolation?' she asked confused.

'That I leave a date unattended to,' he said taking her bottle and sipping from it. 'Besides Samantha is a friend of Stuart's, doing a modeling shoot in Cape Town, and she's on her way back to the UK tomorrow. I left as she was getting cozy with your plumber friend, so all's not lost' he supplied, running his fingers seductively over the calf of her leg.

Caitlin audibly gasped at his touch, choking on her saliva. Her eyes followed his hand as the erotic gesture sent explosive shivers through her body. Hadn't she wanted to know what those fingers would feel like caressing her body?

Be careful what you wish for!

It felt like floating on the clouds in slow motion, whilst a high energy force traveled through your body. He traced his palm above her knee, his eyes hypnotic as he slid his hand up her leg. If just the touch of his hand was wreaking such havoc, what would making love with him be like? She fantasized.

'Caitlin I want to kiss you,' he whispered.

She whimpered softly. He pulled her up into a sitting position and drew his lips close to hers. Meekly she submitted.  Her normally alert brain having switched off, when his fingers reached her thigh. She was helpless as her body yielded to his magnetic touch. Her starving lips parted. She saw the desire and the hunger in his eyes, knew his heart would be beating as erratically as hers was. Her body arched anticipating his touch, her lips wanting to be possessed. She swallowed waiting patiently. Caitlin sighed softly, it was torture the effect this brute had on her.
Rather desirable brute!

'You have the most beautiful eyes, I've ever seen,' he murmured.

Every fibre in her body was alert, waiting in anticipation. Then his lips were on hers sending spasms of delight all over her body. She groaned at the sheer pleasure of his tongue over her lips teasing her mouth open, their tongues met. It was like electricity running through her entire body, sending a tingling sensation all the way down to her toes. She heard his quick intake of breath at her unexpected response, his mouth hungry and demanding, pulling her closer, crushing her to him. His hands pulled her body close to his chest, her breasts pressed against his muscular chest.