We Need You ~ Newt FF

*(Just an FYI, if you hadn't noticed me and my friend were HIGHLY obsessed with Newt from the TMR)*

                                         ⚘

I woke up to the dark, and quiet silence of the glade, with a little light thanks to our flaming torch that was set near our home. I rub my eyes only to hear the crickets loud and smooth chirping, as well as low and quiet snores. I sit up, and thought; I guess I must have dozed off and hadn't kept track of how much I've slept. But I didn't blame myself, I was exhausted after hours of gardening in the hot scorching sun, helping Frypan make food for all the gladers, helping those who'd come injured from the maze, and Gally's long and hard trainings.

It's not as easy as you think when you're here in the glade. I, Y/n l/n was one of the last girls to be brought up in the box. It was hard being the only girl for a while, since for one, I didn't know my name, and everyone was either hitting on me, or "astonished" for seeing a girl for the first time.

But after a while I got used to it. Everyone was nice to me, except Gally. He'd always be hard on everyone in the glade, since he always thinks he's in charge. But always he'd be hard on me. Either I did something wrong or I'm not doing my work right or I'm not wearing the "appropriate" set of clothes. He was a real pain in the butt.

So deep in my thoughts, I didn't hear someone get up from their bed. I got up, stretched, then went to the small river we had in our small forest to rinse my face off. After that, I went to find a good place to look at the stars, since during this time I happen to wake up on their'd be stars you could see as clear as day. So, that's where I went.

It was a bit breezy, but it wasn't that bad. The air was clear and so crystal fresh, the night smelled like burnt wooden logs that we'd had been burning for the night so we wouldn't freeze. After a while of searching I finally found a comfortable, and perfect place to view the stars. The grass was dry, wet, and a little cold. Although, it felt good.

The sky was dark, and the stars twinkled like little diamonds trying to catch anyone's attention during this time of night. It felt nice to be alone, and hearing the sound of nature at night, as well as having the small cool breeze hitting softly against your face. I could almost cry, it was perfect.

Being so lost in the stars, Suddenly, I heard a small whimper, almost like someone crying. I figured it was just Chuck, a younger glader who's been having nightmares every night about his parents, he'd so wished to meet. I was on my way to comfort him, when the sound of crying came again, but this time it wasn't Chuck.

The sound was coming from somewhere else further. I was confused, who'd also be awake at this time of night? And why were they crying? Curious, I went to find out. I started walking towards where I thought these sounds were coming from. But after a few minutes of walking, I was brought to the wall. "The wall?" I thought. "Why would someone be on the wall of the maze?"

"In fact, how would they even get up there?"  The Wall, was a very huge, tall, and thick piece of stone that surrounded us from the outside of the Maze. When I first arrived in the Maze, I was strictly told; Never go near the Wall. It was a rule that was provided to everyone in the Glade, and to all gladers. The only people that were allowed to go near the Maze were the Runners.

They were harshly trained, and very well educated to know where to go and not to go when they were in the Maze. I, myself, of course could be a runner. I'd qualified all the "traits" to be one. Athletic, Strong, Brave, and Quick. But since I was a girl, Gally thought otherwise. But I'm always thankful that I wasn't picked to be one.

Within the Maze, there were scorpion-like creatures called Grievers. When you got stung, you would have this infection called; The Flare. It's a virus that was formed by the Sun, as well as a man-made virus. It would slowly attack the brain, causing you to go insane. Once you got it, you would turn into an insane like zombie. It's terrifying when you see one up close. Black veins popping out of you, and insane-like eyes.