Keefe Sencen

They were running, running, trying to get away from the Neverseen, the people that were chasing them. The Neverseen had ogres, dwarves, now trolls, and also goblins. How could Sophie and Keefe by themselves out run these powerful cloaked creatures? But Keefe was going to try. And if it didn't work... well, he would save Sophie instead.

He ran, bleeding, pushing Sophie in front of him, trying to save her. An ogre reached out, snagging the corner of Keefe's cloak. He shrugged it off, his trembling, bloody fingers unhooking the clasp as he ran. Had he gone so far only to die like this? Maybe. But it wouldn't matter. It wouldn't matter because he would save Sophie.

Keefe felt a rumbling under his feet, and he quickly jumped out of the way. Where he was before, a dwarf had popped up out of the ground, only to dive back in and continue digging.

Sophie tripped and fell, and Keefe pulled her up, pushing her forward, out of the way of the Neverseen.

He could tell he was getting tired, and so was Sophie. Now he had to make a decision. Escape with Sophie and risk both of them getting captured? Or sacrifice himself for the only person that mattered in his life. He took a deep breath. Keefe knew what he was going to do.

He looked at Sophie until she looked back, and did her telepathy-thing. What are you going to do? Sophie transmitted as they ran.

Nothing! Just run.

You have that face that says "I'm about to do something stupid," Sophie trasnmitted. What're you gonna do?

HEY! I'm totally not gonna do anything stupid!

Yeah, right! I know that face very, very well. I have it every time I do something stupid! Sophie shot back.

Sophie. I'm doing this for you. Trust. Me.

The seriousness in Keefe's thoughts made her turn around. Keefe? She transmitted. Keefe!

RUN! I'm doing this for you. Make it worth it. Trust me! I promise I'll be alright. It'll be okay.

KEEFE! Don't do anything stupid!

This isn't stupid. Just trust me.

Sophie sent a flurry of worry that made Keefe smile. Then she finally transmitted, I do.

Keefe smiled again, then watched as Sophie ran to the trees, and peeked out when the Neverseen weren't chasing her. Keefe waved good-bye to her, then turned around, unmoving, facing the Neverseen. Sophie bit back a cry, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Keefe stared at the cloaked figures as they approached closer and closer. Then he smirked. His last smirk. "Hey, why don't you cloaked gulons just get over it all ready? Or are we just too fast for you?" He taunted.

A dagger flew out from the group, and sailed toward Keefe. Keefe kept his eyes open, making himself look unafraid. "Good-bye Sophie. This is for you," He whispered. Then the dagger shot through his chest and he fell to the ground. Keefe was gone. And he wouldn't come back. Ever.