ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ - that day.

• ☀ •

PROLOGUE.

—"NEE, SHIN-KUN?" Mikey hears the voice of a girl, it wasn't his own sister's, but it was almost in a whisper

—"NEE, SHIN-KUN?" Mikey hears the voice of a girl, it wasn't his own sister's, but it was almost in a whisper. Her voice was gentle.

"Oh hey, Y/n-chan!" Shinichiro quickly wiped his hands on his working apron and got up from the stool. He walks toward the young girl with a big smile on his face "You didn't get lost coming here, did ya?"

She shook her head no.

"Did you bring your workbooks? Lemme check them..." he led her to a nearby vacant table. The girl took out stacks of books from her backpack and earned a head pat from him "Nice work..." he went through the pages. While he did so, Mikey tugged on his pants "Manjiro? What is it?"

He kicks his leg without a word "OW! OH COME ON, JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT?!" Shinichiro quickly realized what Mikey wanted him to do "By the way, this is my little brother Manjiro. You can call him Mikey."

"Hey!" the blond smiled at her. She doesn't respond back but instead stood there quiet. He hears a laugh from his older brother "She's the girl I've been telling you about. She's a bit shy, but she's nice!"

Honestly, Mikey was offended after not getting a response, not even a wave or a nod. He pouted "I'm gonna go out to see Baji and Haruchiyo..." he grabs his toy plane and walked outside.

"Alright! Stay safe!"

"So, big bro Shin has this girl that he tutors." Mikey blew raspberries. Baji was immediately interested "Is she pretty?"

"Eh. I dunno. I didn't get a good look at her." he shrugs "Her voice was nice though..."

"Ew, Mikey's in love!" Baji fake-gagged. That earned him a small punch on his arm "I'm kidding! It's not like you're gonna see her every day, right?" there was an awkward silence. Haruchiyo comes outside holding three popsicles "Alright. What did I miss?" he asks.

"Mikey has a crush!"
"Like hell I do!" he hissed.

"Mikey with a crush..." Haruchiyo sighs "Is it a real crush this time?"

"I haven't even talked to her! Stop it before I knock you both down."

As Mikey's childhood friends, Haruchiyo and Baji know exactly what kind of person he is. When Mikey develops a crush on someone, it'll be gone within a day. He isn't as invested in the crush department as any 9-year-old would be.

"I'm putting a hundred yen that he'll be over it in two days."

"I'll bet 5 days. But I only have 10 right now..."

"I'll take it anyways!" Baji says confidently, putting his hands on his hips.

"I said Hey to her and she didn't say anything back. What makes you think I'd have a crush on her?" Mikey aggressively chomped on the popsicle "You two are seriously asking for a beat down..."

"Alright calm down, Mikey. We're just jokin'"

"Yeah..."

He still continued to act all grumpy and pouty. For some reason, Mikey couldn't get her voice out of his head. He surely wanted to hear her voice again. Is it normal to develop a crush on someone with just their voice? Sometimes, that's how the love starts.

 Is it normal to develop a crush on someone with just their voice? Sometimes, that's how the love starts