~*DAY THREE*~

A WITCHES LOVE

Marley groaned as the sun awoke her again. She looked around at her surroundings, the kitten was relaxed on her side by Marley. He had surely warmed up a lot. Marley smiled at the scene.

‘Today, I'll go to the ranch. I need something to do, at least.’ Marley whispered, talking to herself. She pulled her legs over to the side of the bed, pulling her body up. 

Marley walked towards the bathroom, drowsily. She turned the knob of the sink, cold water flowing out. Marley reached her towel under the water and brought it up to her face. She felt way more awake than she did ten seconds ago.

‘I'll set out early today.’ Marley spoke. She sprinted towards the door grabbing her tote bag.

During the walk, Marley felt relaxed. There weren’t many obnoxious sounds, except for the motor of the tractor booming every minute. Though, there were some good sounds, such as, the song birds singing their songs or the relaxing sounds of horses trotting rhythming across the ground.

She reached the end of the trail, but the starting of the ranch. Marley looked around, looking at the familiar paddock, including the familiar face. Zander, was his name.

Zander was across the field, tending to a horse. He noticed Marley’s presence giving her a wave before walking over, the horse following behind.

‘Marley! Marley, how nice it is to see you again!’ Zander boomed out.

‘It's great to see you as well!’ Marley replied, happy to see him again.

‘Yes- Oh,’ Zander started pointing to the horse ‘-This is my buddy, Olsan!’ He finished.

‘Oh, Olsan? What a pretty name.’  Marley said in awe. The horse looked about to be an Arabian.

 ‘Would you like to ride him?’ Zander asked.

‘Really? Oh, I’d love to!’ Marley said in pure joy.

‘Great! If I may ask, have you ever ridden a horse before?’ Zander asked, waiting for an answer.

‘Many back at my hometown, I know lots about them’ Marley replied, eagerly.

‘Thats great, lots of time to save for me, heh’ Zander awkwardly laughed. Marley let out a quick chuckle.

Zander helped boost Marley up onto Olsan. Marley hooked her feet into the loops of the saddle.  Marley held on to the reins with a loose but tight grip.

‘Okay! Are you feeling well? Safe and secured?’ Zander pooled questions out of his mouth.

‘Yes, yes I'm fine.’ Marley rolled her eyes in a joking way, assuring him he was alright.

‘Okay, good! I'll be back in a quick second’ Zander blurted out, before Marley could protest, he ran out of her view.

He came running back with another horse fully tacked up.

‘Thats where you ran off too?’ Marley joked. Zander chuckled lightly before mounting the other horse, it looked to be an Appaloosa with a teal colored matching halter and saddle pad.

Zander and Marley led the horses towards a shady area filled with trees, it lacked too much stuff to call it a forest. The area smelled of pine flowing through the leaves.

The horses speed turned up to a trot as they strolled deeper in the pile of trees.

‘Calming, Isn't it?’ Marley asked, chatting up a conversation. Zander hummed as a response.

‘Would you like to go to the lake? The view there is amazing, and not too far from here.’ Zander spoke.

‘A lake? I haven't seen many of those, so sure!’  Marley replied quickly.  Zander redirected the horses towards the lake. The two were chatting, the whole way there.

Once they reached the lake, an aroma of water and lily’s filled their noses.

‘Just a little tip, Olsan doesn’t quite like the water. So, be careful.’  Zander spoke, Marley nodded her head now knowing the fear.

The four of them hang around for a bit, splashing in the water a bit ‘till the sun started to set.

‘We should head back now...’ Zander broke the mood. Marley nodded, pulling the reins.

‘Maybe, when you know this place better, we could race!’ Zander thought aloud.

‘A great idea’ Marley responded back.

They arrived back at the ranch, right in time. The sun fully set and the moon took over.

‘It was a nice day today, yes?’ Marley asked.

‘Of course! Even more fun with you...’ Zander mumbled that last part so she couldn’t hear.

‘I’ll be heading out now, see you tomorrow?’ Marley yawned.

‘Yes! Should we go to the café? I know one.’ Zander protested. Marley was too tired to speak but yawned out a “sure.”

‘My house is also that way! Let's walk together.’ Zander exclaimed excitedly.

The two walked together in the dark, happily chatting.

                         ~DAY THREE~