Chapter 1

Our hug is warm like the sun on a hot summer's day keeping us cozy on the couch while the fireplace heats the rest of the cold, dark room, the soft grey, fuzzy rugs gentle touch underneath the souls of our feet. Crackling could be heard coming from the fireplace. Phones are being held with a bright screen that could blind you if you checked it in the middle of the night. Outside was snowing lightly as the forecast had said. I would occasionally fiddle with the locket around my neck as it reminded me of my far-away family. The fire kept crackling over and over but it was soothing, and people don't agree with me on that one but its fine. As I fiddled with my phone, I smiled but not too much that my husband would notice. I take off my locket to open it and see the little picture of my family and all their smiles. I look up to see my husband his beautiful smile spreads from ear to ear.

"Hey John, how come your always smiling?" I said,

"Because I found an old photo of us when we were young and free of responsibilities," he explained,

"Okay dear, whatever you say." as I thought to myself 'I know he's lying.' Then I went back to reading my book on my phone.

(224 words)

Authors Note:

This is the first chapter sorry its so short I will continue writing this another time it's time for me to finish it as my assessment. And have a good day : )