Chapter one

My bare feet smack against hot concrete as I try to get away. Away from it all.

It has to be at least the 5th time this month I've ran away like this. Mascara dribbles down my cheeks; my eyes burn from the hot tears that follow. I make my way down the narrow street, surrounded by trees. I can hear my mother screaming my name in the distance, but I continue to run. Turning left onto the next street, I'm in the open, my feet are immediately swamped into hot sand. It's kind of ironic, living in the middle of a forest yet only a block away you step out of the trees, and onto the beautiful beach that follows. Water; beautiful blue water as far as the eye can see. I begin to slow my pace, onIy to come face to face with my parents in my mind. I let out a rough sigh, and begin running yet again;  onto the beach, past locals and tourists, down the pier. I stop at the edge. I've had enough. Enough of the screaming, the arguments. Blaming me for the problems they can't handle on their own.

I'm never truly calm until I hit the water.

I look up to the sky, at the clouds. I wipe the tears away, but it's no use because my eyes begin to water from the brightness of the sun. I look down at my wrists, at the thin white scars. I haven't cut in so long. The ocean helps me more than the blade ever has.

Water ripples with the wind, delicate designs spreading further and further apart. I inhale deeply, the scent of salt water lighting me on fire. Waves splash against the pier, spraying me slightly. Goosebumps rise upon my arms, and my bare legs.

I'm in a trance, hypnotized by beauty. Matter over mind, my body pleases its own.

I take one more look around myself, before closing my eyes and picturing the life I only wish I could have. I raise my arms, high above my head, and I dive.

Slow motion takes its place, and I bask in it's warmth. 4 seconds feels like 4 minutes, and right before I hit the water, I inhale a sharp breath.

The warm water engulfs me into its arms, wide and welcoming. I push further down, swimming deeper and deeper. I swim until my lungs feel shriveled, and finally, slowly, I resurface.

Mixed with tears, water runs down my face. I float on my back for awhile, basking in the sunlight. Gentle waves ripple against my body.

How? How could they do this to me? I always try to be the perfect daughter. Why can't they atleast try to be the perfect parents?

I sigh. No one is perfect. No matter how hard they try.

The coulds are rolling in fast, and it begins to rain just as quickly. I turn and notice how far I've drifted. The dock is forever away! This is definitely not safe. I swim fast, knowing I could make it. I'm the second fastest swimmer on the team.

It begins to thunder. I begin to worry.

My muscles are aching as I finally make it to the pier. I relax a moment, floating in the water while i rest my elbows on the dock, my head in my hands. Just as I'm about to pull myself up, my head is slammed into the edge of the dock, nearly knocking me unconscious.

The tide pulls me under, and I'm losing my air fast. I had no time to breathe before I was so unexpectedly pulled under the surface of the water. Atleast it was still warm.. But that's the least of my concerns! Stupid Ara! You should be trying to find which way is up instead of worrying about the water temperature!

I realize I'm right when I can't find my way back to break the surface.

I wait. It's the only choice I have left. The tides continue to crash my body into different directions, and all I can think of is how it will feel when I die. I wonder if anyone will miss me.

I have no longer any hope for myself. But I guess it's not like it matters. My parents care more about arguing than how I feel, so I can I can knock them off of the 'who will miss me' list.

My pain begins to cease, and I float here, still; unconscious.

---------------- *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * -----------------

"C'mon, c'mon, wake up! Please, please wake up," says an unfamiliar voice.

Arms are wrapped tightly around my body, giving me plenty of warmth, and keeping the hard pouring rain from smashing into my face.

The fuck? That's so nice. No ones usually that nice to me. Much less a stranger.

Fingers pinch my nose tightly, and with one last puff, a lungs simple breath brings me back.

I wake up spewing, coughing like crazy. My throat is raw, and my eyes are glued shut. Sand is matted to nearly ever crease of my body. I welcome life like non other, and I gulp at the air.

"Thank God you're alive!" says that same voice.

I force my eyes open, and am overwhelmed by what I see. I'm mesmerized by his eyes. Blue, like the deepest depth of the ocean. His lips, full, and his soaked blond hair sticks to his fore head.

He's absolutely beautiful.

Realizing how I got here in the first place, my eyes i'm sure are bulging out of my head.

I push him away, and totally fail at trying to get up. He immedietely stands up, offering me a hand. How the hell did he get up so fast? I shove his hand away. I should be nicer. He did just save my life. My muscles are so soar. I try again, and this time I succeed.

He looks at me. I look at him.

"You're welcome." He mutters.

Oh. Right. "Thanks."

What's he doing? Why is he looking at me like that? All of a sudden, he breaks out into a huge smile.

" I'm Adam. And you are?"

"Late for dinner." I flash him my famous smirk before turning and running away.

Almost near the road, I turn back. I see Him, sitting there dumbstruck in the sand. He's staring right back at me in disbelief.

Oh well. Too bad. All I want is to go home, home to the comfort of my own room, my own bed. Where I can sleep it all away.

By the time I get home, the rain dies down. I slam the front door open, make my way down the hall, and up the stairs, to my bedroom. I open the door.

"Arabella? That you?" my mom calls up to me.

I step inside, and slam it shut.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey you guys! I know this is WAY different than the last time you read it, but I added a lot more detail, and decided to add some dialogue. I hope you like it better, and new readers, I hope you enjoyed it as well! I'm SO sorry for having not uploaded in so long, on any of my stories, but I'm back now, and here to stay until I'm finished! YES!

If you like this, please vote and fan. Leave me feedback. And if you'd like, I'd love for you to comment on what you'd like to read in the next chapter!

Y'all are amazing, and I appreciate it so much.

xo <3

Lindy.