𝒯𝓇ℯ𝓈

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

"And so, the greatest wager in history began:"

ꨄ♪༄

With the figurines of the three young kids, the woman placed Manolo between (Y/N) and María. "(Y/N) versus María for the hand of Manolo."

"Wait." The purple haired kid interrupted, "So these ancient gods picked three little kids to like..."

Another cut them off and continued, "Represent the whole world?"

The woman frowned a bit as she nodded, "Yeah. Pretty crazy, right?"

They all nodded along as one placed their hands and head on the table, "Yeah! Keep going, lady."

ꨄ♪༄

Back to San Angel, the trio ran along the streets of town, Manolo strumming his guitar as he ran ahead of the two girls, both of them whooped and cheered as they followed him.

Seeing the stairs, Manolo slid down the rails with the guitar still in hand. Next came María, who threw her sword in the air and jumped over the steps, landing on both of her feet and caught her 'weapon' in one hand, running after Manolo. (Y/N) was about to do the same until she lost her footing, tripping on the first step and rolling down the stairs, letting go of her sword. Once she landed on the ground with the sword next to her, she shook her head and laughed, grabbing it and catching up to the other two.

Manolo suddenly stopped in his tracks as he saw a fence full of pigs and piglets. Going up to the smallest of the group, he knelt down and petted its head. "Well, hello." He let out a giggle as the piglet gave out an adorable snort.

He quickly turned to his left as he heard a knife sharpen. Looking up to the sign, he gasped once he saw the picture of a dead pig in a boiling pot. "Oh, no." He narrowed his eyes as he looked back towards the piglet, "Not on my watch."

Manolo turned towards the direction of his friends, pointing towards the pigs, "We have to free the animals!" The girls let out confused noises from what he said, although María had a frown on her face while the corners of (Y/N)'s lips turned up to an admired smile.

"Come on, let's do this!" (Y/N) smiled determingly to him and tossed him her sword, Manolo tossing her his guitar. Once Manolo caught it, he raised it up high to hit the lock. María shook her head slightly as she tried to warn him, "Hold on, Manolo. Don't!" But it was too late.

He hit the chain and broke the lock.

ꨄ♪༄

In the center of town, General Posada and Manolo's father, Carlos Sanchez, stood by the statue of the General's wife as they looked towards the crowd surrounding them. "People of San Angel," he called out, "After the revolution, we need more volunteers to join this mighty brigade!" General Posada gestured to the 'men' who stood to the side.

They did not look like great army heroes, is all you have to know.

Sighing, Carlos grabbed the rolled up paper from his friend and opened it. "What the General is trying to say is, a heroic brigade to protect us from Chakal." Just from the name, the crowd gasped and shrieked as they shook in fear.

A second later, the ground started to shake as a child in town yelled out, "Chakal is here!" Again, the crowd gasped and screamed as they turned to the road creating the rumbling sound. Although all they see is a piglet skipping down the road.