𝒟ℴ𝓈

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

As soon the photo zoomed in, it faded and the trio now moved. "No retreat." The girl with two braids voiced as she raised her sword higher, the other with one braid also lifted hers as she responded, "No surrender!" The kids turned around and ran into town, whooping and cheering.

ꨄ♪༄

"On this festive, enchanted day, families bring food and offerings to the altars of their beloved."

People were at their town's cemetery as they planted lit candles and a variety of foods on their loved ones' tombs, smiling at the sights before them. Kids ran around playing tag and racing as giggles filled the air.

"It's like a hundred birthday parties!"

"Yes, it is. And on this particular Day of The Dead,"

Music played as beautiful women danced and men sang together with drinks in their hands.

"After centuries of being banished, Xibalba had enough."

The two rulers raised from different graves. La Muerte from a lit and decorative one while Xibalba raised from a dark and gloomy one. He turns to his lover, "Really, my dear. You have no idea how cold and vile the land of the forgotten has become." She giggled with a knowing smile as Xibalba glided away.

"Just like your heart, Xibalba. Just like your heart." La Muerte followed him as she saw Xibalba blow out the candles with a flick of his hand. Shaking her head, she glided her hand and lit the candles again. The guy sitting down with a bottle in his hand made a confused noise and looked at the item in hand.

"Why must I rule a bleak wasteland, while you enjoy the endless fiesta in The Land of The Remembered?" Xibalba complained, turning away from La Muerte with crossed arms, "It's simply unfair." He spotted an older man and glanced at the goddess before slowly trying to place his hand on the guy's head.

La Muerte smacked his hand away and scolded him, "Xibalba!" He shrugged in response, "What? It's his time." He looked over to the guy again and mumbled, "More or less."

The goddess looked over her shoulder as she walked away, swaying her hips slightly. "Not today, my love." Xibalba quickly went in front of her as he slightly rolled his eyes, "Come on, my dear. Trade lands with me." He lent a hand out as he frowned, "I beg you!"

She cooed and placed a hand on her chest, "Ooh. You're so cute when you beg." The goddess dropped the facade and gave him a look of annoyance. Xibalba gave her a look of desperation as he whined, "I'm serious. I hate it down there!"

"Hey. You're there because you cheated!" La Muerte cried out as she looked at him angrily. She narrowed her glowing eyes and pointed at him, "You made your bed with that wager."

Xibalba opened his mouth to protest but he quickly closed it, looking away as she continued. "You're not the man I fell in love with all those centuries ago." La Muerte crossed her arms as she looked away from him.

"Let's not dwell in the past," He tapped his fingers on his snake-like cane and looked towards her with a smile, "Mi Amor." In response, she growled as she scowled deeper. Xibalba looked around nervously as he spoke, "Anyway, I was thinking..." Getting an idea, he smirked, "How about another little wager?"

"You think you can calm the flames of my anger with another bet?!" La Muerte glared at him. With a nervous smile, he glanced back and forth at her. She stared at him for a moment and then tilted her head, her tone changing into curiosity. "What exactly do you have in mind?"