Chapter 35: Believe Me

Ace's POV

"I love you amore. I know you won't believe me right now but soon you'll know the truth. My heart has always been yours and it will stay that way. Always and forever" I say before placing a kiss on her forehead and walking out.

I mean every single word.

I know she won't believe me but maybe in the future if everything goes the way planned, then I can finally tell her the truth. She may not forgive me then either but I have to try.

I get back downstairs and go towards the man that has his hands all over Ava. He's going to wish he stayed home. He has no idea he's about to take his last breath. I pull out my gun and reach out with my other hand to grab him. Right before I can touch him my hand gets pulled away and my gun gets pulled out of my hand.

"Ace stop!" Ava says pulling my hand into hers and gripping it tightly.

"Get out of my way Ava. He touched you. You're mine, not his." I say and try to remove my hand from hers but she only holds me tighter making me wonder why she's trying to protect him.

As if hearing what I'm thinking she frantically says, "Please. You can't hurt him. He might know where Dimitri is. Please! Don't you want to find them?"

"We'll find another way" I answer and try to move her out of my way once again but she cups my cheek and crashes her lips onto mine. At first, I freeze not knowing how to respond. She's kissing me. I wrap an arm around her waist and pull her closer to me.

The kiss is gentle and slow but she ends it just as soon as it starts.

"Ace, I can't allow you to hurt him. Not yet. Please. I miss them so much. Do it for us, for our children." she whispers against my lips.

I close my eyes and gently rest my forehead on hers. She's right. This man may be our only shot at finding Serafina and Nicholas. It hurts knowing I haven't even met my children yet.

"Okay. Be safe amore. I'll be close by." I whisper before walking away from the crowd.

Ava's POV

This dumbass likes to confuse the shit out of me. One second he's all like "oh your mine blah blah blah "and the next he says "I love you amore blah blah blah"

Now I know where Fina and Nick get their mood swings from.

I walk back over to Ryan and he puts his hands around my waist as soon as I reach him. I put my hands around his neck and bring my lips to his ear.

I seductively bite it and whisper "let's get out of here"

He turns me around and puts his hand around my waist. He starts leading me upstairs, probably into a bedroom.

His hand slowly creeps down and rests on my cheeks before he squeezes them and it takes everything in me not to snap his neck.

We finally reach a room and he guides me inside before shutting the door and locking it behind him. He has no idea what he's in for.

As soon as the door is locked he slams me against the wall and tries to pull down the straps of my dress but I quickly stop him before he reveals the knife I'm hiding.

"Ryan, I wanted to surprise you with something," I say seductively.

"Anything for you babe" he winks and I throw up a little on the inside.

I unbutton his shirt and push him down onto the bed before grabbing a blindfold with restraints and coming on top of him.

"Kinky, I love it," Ryan says before putting his hand above his head which makes me throw up a little more on the inside.