Chapter Ten- New Beginnings

Me? A mission? I scoffed. Mason made his way over to me from across the lab. We were the only two in the room. We were exploring the SN building. My home. Since I have left, they've abandoned the old building, and had this new one built. I had to admit, It was pretty cool. Bullet-proof glass windows lined every room's wall facing the outside on the 4th floor. I was standing in the 'chill room'. This was the place where the GE (genetically enhanced) people went to well, 'chill'. I was sitting on the dark brown suede couch, ready to crash. "Everheart.." I felt someone sit next to me, and a warm hand wrap around mine. I kept my eyes closed. "Lucas?" I asked quietly. "Incorrect. Guess who." It was Mason's voice. Small, but adorable in many ways. "M.." I hummed. He gave a little laugh. "Yes? Mmm?" He muttered into my ear, his warm breath making the hairs on the back on my neck stand up. "Mmmason." I said. He gave me a quick, but warm hug. I hugged him back. I opened my eyes to the glass windows showing an astonishing sunset. It warmed my heart. "Wow..." I muttered. Mason sheepishly put his arm around me. It was comforting. "I know.." He kissed my cheek. I was lured to sleep by Mason's soft singing of a lullaby that Ariana used to sing to all of the kids when they were small. Gosh, I've barely been here for a day, but I alrealdy loved it. It was a bright new beginning for me.