Catastrophe

Chapter Seven;

I had seen the Celestial Spirit King angry before, and as I glanced out of the window, I saw the rage painted across his face and empty eyes. Natsu sat on the bed next to me and peered out over my shoulder. I worried for him, this was ultimately my fault—I knew that this was going to happen one way or another. I just didn't realize how quickly he would find out.

"Is that—"

"Stay here," I turned to Natsu, closing the blinds.

He looked shocked at my warning, but the seriousness was evident in my tone. I didn't move until he said something, but I wasn't going to allow him to fight the Celestial King. I was not going to leave that up to fate.

"Lucy," He started.

"Stay here," I repeated.

He blinked a few times and scoffed.

"You can't be serious, you're going to go fight him by yourself?"

"Stay," I said and finally got off the bed.

"Lucy!" Natsu yelled after me as I walked towards the door.

It was the truth, Natsu didn't have the power to fight an entity of the universe. But with the new found powers I've been able to use, I might have a chance to at least subdue him. It was a low chance plan, Serena had been banished once before but the Spirit King is the strongest Celestial being in existence.

"Lucy!" He yelled again the second I reached for the door knob.

I ignored him, I opened it but his palm slammed against the door and closed it. He stood behind me and I could feel the heat touching my shoulders.

"Wait a second, talk to me," He said.

"Natsu, I have to finish this," I said, my eyes drifting down towards the doorknob.

"Why? Lucy, what happened? Tell me," He spoke with such warmth.

I sighed and turned to face him. I leaned my head back against the door and told him about Serena's plan, the room, the little girl, and what Serena did to me. Then I told him about what I did to Serena and my spirits.

"Lucy," His face turned sad. "I'm—I should have been there! I should have found you!"

"What's done is done."

"But your spirits, you love your—"

"They're not my spirits anymore."

I cut him off quickly and with no hesitation. I do love Natsu, and I would do anything for him. But I will not sacrifice parts of my character or my belief system to please anyone. But I know Natsu, and I know he would never make me sacrifice anything of myself to be with him.

"I let them go because it was the right thing to do, and I let Serena go because it felt like the best option."

He didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"I trust you, but you can't expect me to just let you walk out there. Lucy, what if something happens to you?"

I put my hand on his cheek, I felt the sincerity in his voice. But I didn't respond to him, I didn't have anything to say. He allowed me to open the door this time, thinking I had agreed to his proposal.

The Celestial Spirit King was incredibly tall compared to the building I walked out of. It was sunset now so the orange and purple colors of the sky painted him a beautiful background. He automatically found me as I stood there, Natsu standing behind me.

"Old friend," His voice boomed. "You have committed a crime I cannot forgive."

I walked towards him, Natsu tried to follow but I stopped him. A wave of the hand and his arms were pulled down like they were attached to weights. Only it was tiny little strings, that happened to be attached to stars in the sky below us. He pulled at them but with no luck, he was left kneeling on the ground with his wrists bound to the heavens.