She's Hurting Part 2

She’s Hurting Part 2

I kept tripping over my own feet as I turned back every couple seconds. I hate this. I hate her. I hate leaving Thomas alone with her, but my fear is taking over my body. My fear is controlling my legs. So, I just keep sprinting over to Thomas’ house. I tumble up the steps to his front door and I barge in. Then I quickly run to the bathroom and lock the door behind me. I slide my back down the door and pull my knees to my chest as my mind wanders.

Thomas Pov:

I make sure (Y/N) makes it to my house before turning back to her mom. She struggles to pull her arm free from my grip. Finally when I see (Y/N) open the door to my house and walk in, I let go of her mom’s arm. She fumbles back, but catches herself before falling. Her head turns to look at me. Her eyes stare at me like I’m a criminal. Like I’m the one beating her daughter. My anger rises in my body, causing my blood to boil. Adrenaline pumps through my heart and into every part of my body. I walk closer to her, so she can see how angry I am. My eyebrows furrowed with pain and anger. That’s all that will run through my mind; my angriness. I have to hold my hand back from hitting this woman. This woman who’s been hurting the girl I love. I have to bite my lip so I don’t yell out in frustration.

“You are a horrible human being. You don’t deserve such a wonderful daughter as (Y/N). She doesn’t deserve any of this crap!” I say, raising my voice with each word I say. My voice ends at a loud yell and I only hope (Y/N) can’t hear. I don’t want her worrying about me.

(Y/N) Pov

I hear Thomas’ voice yelling. His words are unclear, but it’s definitely him. I suddenly feel a heavy feeling in my stomach. I can tell that feeling is guilt. I just left him there to save me, but that’s not right.

I then pulled my limp body up and unlock the bathroom door. Then I hurry out of Thomas’ house as stealthily as possible. I hear loud grunts and shouts coming from my house. I can’t tell whether they are my mother’s voice or Thomas’. Right now it doesn’t matter. I just need to get to Thomas. So, I keep speed walking back to the house where Thomas and my mother are.

I quietly place my foot on the first step, then the next, and the next until I’m standing right in front of the door.

“You can do this, (Y/N). You have to face her once and for all,” I whisper to myself before placing my hand on the door knob. I twist the cool metal knob and push the door in. What I saw took my breath away.

Thomas Pov

I lift my head from off the wood floor and I see (Y/N) standing in the doorway. Her eyes widen as she notices me on the floor, blood gushing from my shoulder, a broken beer bottle sticking out of my flesh. By now my entire upper body is filled with numbing pain.

(Y/N) steps closer to me, slowly, as if she was stalking her prey and her prey is me. She kneels down next to me, in my puddle of blood. I weakly lift my hand to her cheek and caress her beautiful face.

“You have to go! She’ll be back any second now!” I whisper yell at (Y/N). Then I see a couple tears start to well up in her perfect eyes. She shakes her head no.

“I won’t leave without you this time. I made the huge mistake of leaving you last time and I’m not doing it again,” (Y/N) tells me as she tries to wrap her arm around my back to try and help me up, but sharp pains flow through my body. I yell out in pain.

“I’m so sorry, but we gotta go!” (Y/N) insists. I shake my head. Then I open my mouth to tell her to leave, but the words don’t come out. So, instead I just mouth the words. That’s when I hear her footsteps. Her loud, clumsy steps echo through the house. No. No. No!

“(Y/N)! Get out!” I yell. She shakes her head bravely, but I can still see the fear in her eyes. She rose beside me, readying herself for what’s to come. And her and I both knew what was coming. (Y/N)’s mother walked in clutching a full beer bottle in her hand. When she saw (Y/N), she took another swig of the dark liquid.

“I knew you’d come back. You always do…” (Y/N)’s mom said, chuckling as spit flew from her mouth. (Y/N) protectively moved in front of me as her mom stepped closer.

“I only came back for Thomas…” (Y/N) states defensively. Her mother’s eyes darken with anger.

“That God damn idiot! He’s nothing! He ain’t good enough for you!” she yelled, stepping closer to (Y/N) and I with every word. My heart starts to pound faster and harder with every lift of her foot. Then I hear (Y/N) let out a forced laugh.

“He’s better for me than you ever were. You hurt me. You hit me and broke me down until I had no choice, but to feel as if I was nothing. Nothing, but a punching bag for a drunk loser…” (Y/N) says, her voice raising as her anger grew. I could see her courage build by the second. Then she lifted her hand as if she was going to hit her mother. I almost looked away when she moved her hand quickly towards her mom’s face, but then stopped inches away from her cheek. Her mother had cringed and squeezed her eyes shut, think her daughter was actually going to smack her. Then she opened her eyes, realizing she didn’t hit her.

“Now, let us be,” (Y/N) says firmly. Her mother just stood there, stunned as (Y/N) walked back over to me and helped me to my feet.

(Y/N) brought me over to my house and laid me in my bed after we got home from the hospital. She stayed with me the whole time and never left my side. I think, if it’s possible, I have fallen even more in love with her. (Y/N) still doesn’t know how I feel though. Now’s my chance.

“(Y/N)...” I say as (Y/N) turns to walk away.

“Yeah?” she replies, walking back over to me and sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Can I tell you something?” I ask her. She nods expectantly. I can see she’s holding back a smile. “I’m in love with you,” I blurt. Then I just stare at her for a response.

“Finally! I’ve been waiting months for you to tell me,” she chuckles and kisses my lips.