The Confession Part 2

I lifted my phone to my ear, nervously. My hands shake slightly and I can practically feel my heartbeat quickening.

“Hello?” I stutter, quietly.

“(Y/N)?” I hear his voice say from the other end of the call.

“Dylan, what’s up?” I ask, Dylan, Thomas’ best friend. I try to hold back any tears that threaten to escape.

“(Y/N), what did you do to Thomas?” Dylan asks, frantically. I furrow my brow and try to figure out what’s going on.

“What are you talking about? What happened to Thomas? Is he okay?” I stammer on, asking any and all questions that pop into my head. I feel the tears forming in my eyes once again.

“I’m talking about Thomas… He’s bawling his eyes out. What did you say to him when you were here?” Dylan tells me. My confusion increases as I try to find an explanation to Thomas’ sadness.

“Why is he crying?” I ask Dylan, yearning for answers.

“That’s why I called you. I thought you would know. I tried asking Thomas, but all he said was your name,” Dylan explains. I can practically see Dylan’s upset face and his shoulders shrug as he says this. “So, you don’t know anything?” Dylan asks.

“No, but I’ll be there in a couple minutes,” I tell Dylan before hanging up. I back out of my driveway and speed off in the direction I just came from.

“Thomas! Dylan! Open up!” I yell, banging on Thomas’ front door for dear life. I keep banging until the door gradually starts to open. Dylan stands there, he looks very depressed. Sorrow fills his eyes. His body looks limp like he hasn’t slept in days. Dylan gestures for me to come inside, so I do.

“He’s upstairs. In his room… Just be careful. He isn’t himself right now,” Dylan explains. I nod along, then begin to climb the stairs.

I knock on the door to his bedroom.

“Dyl, I told you to go away. I don’t want to talk about it,” Thomas whines like a little kid. I push open the door slightly, sticking my head in the crack of the door. Thomas is sitting on the floor, leaning against his bed. His head is resting in his hands. I watch as his shoulders bob as he cries.

“Tommy, it’s me,” I say, quietly. Thomas’ head whips up from his hands. His eyes are bloodshot and his face looks really red. You can tell he was crying. Thomas’ eyes don’t leave me as I open the door fully. Then I walk over to Thomas and slide down to the floor, next to him. I gently rest my hand on his knee. Then I turn to look into his watery eyes.

“Thomas? What’s wrong?” I ask Thomas, staring up into his perfect brown eyes. Thomas squeezes his eyes shut, then looks down at his lap.

“I made a huge mistake…” Thomas says under his breath. His voice trembles and shakes as he speaks.

“What happened?” I ask him. Thomas looks up at me and rests his hand on my cheek.

“I lost you…” Thomas states. My eyes widen and I just sit there staring into his eyes, that once again fill with tears. Now mine do the same.

“You’ll never lose me,” I tell him.

“(Y/N), I’m so sorry. Am I too late? Will you accept my love? Please…” Thomas begs, holding our gaze. A smile forms on my lips then before I know it, his lips are on mine.

“Of course, Tommy,” I tell him.