Princess Mary Monroe chapter 2

I spent the rest of the day with Ellie, talking about the ball next month.

"Okay what about this one?" She pulled out a hot pink, frilly, barbie looking dress.

"um, no" i glanced at the clock. It read ten forty five, I would have to make an exit soon. I quickly faked a yawn. "Wow it is getting late, I better get going!"

"oh no no no no! You are the one that always wants to stay up late and I'm the one that's complaining. Spill it!" She said glaring at me.

"I said I'm tired, I am going to bed" With that I turned on my heel and sped towards the door.

I walked into my room and closed the door with a heavy sigh, and leaned my head against it. I hurriedly unlaced my long white dress and slipped out of it. Then I pulled on a knee length skirt and white blouse, and put on a longer floor-length black riding skirt over the shorter one. I grabbed my black heeled riding boots and gloves. Then I took my black cloak and snuck out of the room.

I hopped on my horse as soon as I got to the stables and sped of towards the beach.

When I got there I could barely see him. I jumped off and tied my horse to a nearby tree. I slowly walked towards him. When he heard me he turned and walked to me.

"So you came early?" He said in my ear again. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him off.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I said confused.

"You need to lighten up and have some fun" He said putting his hands on  my waist again. "Did you bring anything to swim in?"

"Yes" I pulled away from him again and unbuttoned the top of my outer skirt and stepped out of it. Then I pulled off my boots, gloves, and cloak.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the water and then he picked me up bridal style.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Checking the water temperature" So I threw my arms around his neck and closed my eyes. After a minute or so he stopped and slowly put me in the water, his hands not leaving my waist and mine still wrapped around his neck. The water was really cold it made me shiver, he just pulled me closer.

"I just thought of something. I don't know your name!" I said looking him in the eyes.

"Alexander" I loved his accent I think it was british.

"What is you full name?"

"Alexander Jacob Taylor" He said not leaving my eyes. "I've told you what you want to know, now what about you?"

"Maria Callisto Monroe" I replied

"Can I call you Callia?" He asked "Not that I don't like Mary or anything"

"Only if I can call you Jake" I asked laughing a little.

He laughed along with me "Deal"

I slowly leaned towards him, and moved my hands down to his chest. Right before our lips met I pushed him back and he fell under the water. I doubled over in laughter. He came up out of the water.

"Oh that was evil" Jake grabbed my hand and pulled me down with him still laughing.

--

We stayed in the water for a little over and our before I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering "Come on lets get you home" He said as he led me out of the water. I grabbed my clothes and out them back on on the way to my horse. We decided to walk back towards the castle instead of riding.

After getting my horse put away I turned and faced him "That was the most fun I've had in months thank you" I quickly kissed him on the cheek and turned and went back into the castle.

When I got in my room and had changed out of my wet clothes into a dry nightgown I noticed a purple box sitting on my bed. I couldn't see it that well because the almost transparent canopy that fell around my four post queen sized bed.

I climbed onto the satiny covers and looked at the box. I opened it and there was a beautiful silver dress inside. On the bottom of the box there was a card it read-

I told you I had something you wanted

                                                                ~Jake