Princess Mary Monroe chapter 1

16 Years Later

"Omg! I am so exited for the ball! EEEEEEE!"Elisabeth, a.k.a. Ellie screamed falling back on my bed. I frowned at her new found chat speak. She always loved to follow the most recent trends.

"I don't see the big deal, a bunch of people dress up and stand around and talk how more boring can it get." I replied.

"Well...I don't care!" She stuck up her nose. I couldn't help but laugh at her face. She eventually gave in and started laughing as well. Just then our mom walked in.

"What are you girls laughing at now?" She asked in a mock serious tone.

"This" Ellie made the same face again and this time mother giggled. That's what I love about her she always seems so youthful.

"I'll just leave you two, I would like to get some air before Ellie drowns me in ballgowns and hairspray." I said as I stepped toward the door.

"Goodbye, Mary! I'll see you later" She said as she kissed my cheek.

"TTYL!" Ellie screamed. I just rolled my eyes, while mother looked at her questioningly.

With that I stepped outside my room, only to meet one of the servants. I think, for I had never seen him before.

"Oh, princess, I was just looking for you, come walk with me" He held his arm out for me. I hesitantly took it, because it would have been rude to object.

We walked for about five minutes in silence until he reached the garden maze. We slowly entered. He led me around the twists and turns of the maze, seeming to know it like the back of his hand. I stared at him wondering who he could be. He was dressed as a peasant, but his confidence said otherwise.

He had golded locks of hair that fell over his forhead. He was very tall, atleast six feet two, and he had pale blue eyes. The same color of the ocean.

When we arrived at the center of the labyrinth he sat me down on the bench. "What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?"

He leaned towards me and spoke into my ear "Meet me at the east beach tonight at midnight"

"Why?" I asked

"Because I said so" He said slowly "Plus I have something you want"

"How do you know I'll come?" I said defiantly. It angered me that someone as him, would take to a princess in this manner.

He turned so he faced me and pulled me to him. Then he kissed me. I didn't know what to do, he placed his hands on my waist and leaned into me. He was doing things to me that I had never experienced before, such great emotions stirring within me. I threw my arms around his neck and stood up so I could kiss him easier.

He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. "That is how I know you'll come" With that her turned and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the garden