Rue Bennett

(A/N: in this story I will upload 2 chapters every Friday night around 9:00-9:30pm)

#EUPHORIAFRIDAYS

Age:17

I was once happy, content, sloshing around in my own private, primordial pool

I was once happy, content, sloshing around in my own private, primordial pool. Then one day, for reasons beyond my control, I was repeatedly crushed over and over by the cruel cervix of my mother, Leslie. I put up a good fight, but I lost, for the first time, but not the last. I was born three days after 9/11.

My mother and father spent two days in the hospital, holding me under the soft glow of the television, watching those towers fall over and over again, until the feelings of grief gave way to numbness.And then, without warning, a middle-class childhood in an American suburb.

I was diagnosed with plenty of conditions as a child but I don't really remember anything between the ages of 8 and 12.

I strolled my way into the then kitchen to see my mom, Leslie Bennett who was on the phone arguing with someone and my 13 year old sister Gia Bennett.

"Did you see that video of the beauty queen who got acid thrown on her face?"Gia asked me as she looked away from her phone

"Mm, what? uh no"I responded

"It's pretty fucked up"Gia said

"Hey, Mom, you got any tampons?"I asked

"In my bathroom, under the sink."she said

I swayed my way to the bathroom and locked the door. I cleared my throat and started coughing, quickly opening the bathroom cabinet. I picked up a bottle of pills and popped a few in my mouth before placing the bottle back in the cabinet, covering the squeaky sound it made, with another cough.

I slid dark sunglasses on my face to cover my eyes "Alright Gia, let's roll"

"Why is the co-payment 300 dollars?"My mom argued over the phone

We both walked out the door as I heard my mom yell "Rue, did you eat breakfast?!"

"What's with the sunglasses?"Gia questioned

"What sunglasses?"I grinned

Gia laughed

_______________________________

As I walked into the school I noticed a lot of stares. I guess everybody knew that I was in rehab over the summer, word travels fast.

I walked up to my locker, 210 and saw someone had wrote on it. It said "My name is Rue and I'm a crack head"

"Hmm. this is really bad handwriting"I shrugged

As I opened my locker a paper fell out onto the floor. I picked it up and started reading it.

You should've stayed in rehab junkie!

I sighed and slammed my locker, causing people in the hall to look at me. "Hey! If anyone has a problem with me say it to my face!"I yelled

A few people started snickering and laughing at me.

I turned back to my locker and ripped the paper up to tiny pieces "God, I hate this town"