When The Dead Calls Out

****Niall's POV****

I took Jordan's hand and lead her away from Harry and Tayrn. She giggled with excitement as we went further into the lushious forest. We ducked under branches and hopped over roots until we finally reached a section of forest that was curtained by drooping vines of bright evergreen leaves.

I covered her eyes with one hand and brushed the curtain aside with the other. I led her blinded body into the meadow and then let the curtain fall down behind us. I took my hand off her eyes and grinned as I watched her face turn into one of awe.

"Niall....This is--" I put my finger up to her lips to quiet her. She smiled under my finger. I brought my lips to hers and kissed her softly. I pulled back to look at her face. She was so happy; her face was so bright and beautiful. I smiled back at her and brought my hand to the small of her back.

"Come on..." I whispered huskily in her ear; guiding her forward, further into the meadow. She giggled, following closley next to me. We walked through the soft grass until we reached a little area with a blanket spread out along the floor.

I lowered myself to the blanket and helped her sit down too. She looked at me curiously, "What are we doing?" I just smiled and took my backpack from my shoulders. I unzipped the top and brought out two subway sandwiches, a jumbo bag of chips and two sodas.

Her eyes widened, "Niall! Are you trying to make us run out of food?"

I just smiled at her worriedness, "Babe, its okay! Relax, Harry and I brought extra food so that we could do this." Her face immediately turned into a happy one.

I handed her a sandwich and a napkin. She unfolded the wrapping on the sandwich and poured some chips onto the plastic next to the sandwich. I followed her lead and then gave her her soda. She popped the tab and took a swig. She smiled at me - I had remembered to pack her favorite soda, Dr. Pepper.

We sat and ate in silence until she lifted her head and stared at me with a furrowed brow. I replied with the same expression, "JoJo..whats the matter?" She looked away and brought her face back, the expression gone.

"What? Nothing's the matter." She said taking another sip of her soda.

"No...you made a face at me. What's up?" I asked looking into her eyes. She opened her mouth and then closed it again. "Come on JoJo, you can trust me." I encouraged taking her hand.

She sighed, "Well....I was just sorta thinking about last night...." She said looking away at the trees.

I got nervous just thinking about it. Was she mad at me? Did she do anything...intimate? I lifted her face up to look at me; my face a little heated. "What about last night?" She was now blushing; her cheeks tinged with the lightest pink.

"Well....I mean....did y-you...did you kn-know?" She stuttered looking into my eyes.

I hesitated a little before answering. Of course I knew something was up...but ya know it was just so in the moment that I wasn't really thinking about it. But I can't tell her that! I wonder if she knew..? "I-I mean...i-it felt uh different. Did you kn-know?"

She was wide-eyed while waiting for my response; her cheeks still blossomed with pink. "It felt different to me too. And kissing... he didn't have braces...and he was wearing a different underwear brand...." She looked away.

I almost laughed, "You know my underwear brand?"

She looked at me sheepishly, "Well...ya know when your pants are saggin' as low as yours, it's hard not to notice!" She slapped my shoulder when I sarted smirking at her.

"Well why are you looking missy?" I teased crawling over to her. Laughing, she tried to crawl away, but I caught her by her ankle. I pulled and her body effortlessly slid towards me. At last I was leaning over her squirming figure, grinning. She gasped as I pinned her arms against the blanket and straddled my knees on each side of her small torso.