Chapter 2

Jaiden's POV

I walked in to my best friends apartment lobby for the fourth time today. She smiled wildly at me.

"Oh darling, you'll have everyone all over you tonight!" Elle laughs at herself. I shake my head.

"Oh but darling, you already have everyone looking at you." I nudge her playfully. She laughed as we walked out, we got into my car and Elle took the wheel. She hadn't told me where we were going, but I didn't care honestly. I just felt nice to be out and about. We listened to the sweet sound of nothing. It was amazing that you could sit so close to somebody and still not feel awkward about it. Elle was my sister from the day I met her, I still remember the way she looked. She looked a mess, that's why.

"Are you kidding?" I spat, not realizing it was out loud. I dropped my coffee right before entering the business meeting for my parents. They needed me to do stupid business meeting even though I'm across the country. What am I to them? I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"It happens to the best of us." A calming Australian accent said. I looked to my right to see a short dark haired girl. I smiled to her, feeling a sense of relief that I wasn't the only young person that had to sit in on this meeting.

"I hate doing this, my parents make me come." She sighs and crosses her arms over her chest. I look at her my jaw dropped slightly. I shook my head in disbelief.

"You're kidding right?" I asked her. "My parents do the same, except mine still live back in BC." I laugh and held my hand out to shake hers. She shook my hand.

"Elle Baillion, Mine are still in Australia, I came here to get away, it's not going so great." She laughed and shook her head.

"Jaiden Nunez, I guess we'll be seeing each other around." I said confidently and walking away, my clutch in my hand.

I smiled when we pulled up, it was a little bar right down the street from the tattoo parlor where I had just gotten the tattoo and met Zayn. I smirked at Elle, I remember telling her and driving by the tattoo parlor the other day, she must've scoped out this place. She shook her head at me.

"I have the best idea so that you can see lover boy again." Elle pulled me out of the car.

"And it is?" I laugh trying not to give into her little plan.

"Go inside, get a drink, waltz over to the little shop, pretend to be drunk and ask him to drive you home." She moved her hair out of her face. I shook my head no. My eyes widened seeing him walk out behind her, I tried to hide behind her body, but she was quite a bit shorter than me.

"Shit." I mumbled quietly. Elle turned around and looked at him, she turned to look back at me, jaw dropped.

"Him?" She points backwards. I nod my head trying to get her to stop pointing.

"Put you're damn finger down, you're using it like a gun!" I say laughing at Elle. Just then saw me and I think my heart stopped for a few seconds. I bit my bottom lip, I really need to stop that and he waved at me to come over to him. I nodded and told Elle I'd be right back. I stepped close to him, smiling and blushing.

"So you're stalking me now eh?" He raised and eyebrow at me. I shook my head smiling at him.

"No, my friend thought it'd be a good idea to come out tonight, just so happens that you work right there." I pointed to the Tattoo parlor. "And walked out while we were getting out of the car." I smiled and pointed to my car and Elle, she waved at us. Zayn waved back and I felt my heart melt. He looked me up and down.

"Well, I will let you go then. Have fun Jaiden." He winked and walked away, more like strutted away. I laughed and turned to go back to Elle. I smiled at her. I didn't say anything to her, I just went inside. We sat right at the dark oak bar. Sipping on drinks while talking about life in general. I was talking about maybe going home in a week or two to see my family, but then realized I'd probably not. I would go to Vancouver and see the business man and leave. I hadn't been home since Thanksgiving, I made an excuse about Christmas and Elle and I spent it together in Italy. I felt kind of bad but at the same time, I wasn't really big on talking about nothing other than how my business and money was. That's all they were concerned about. So I didn't really care, Elle's parents were the exact same way, so that's something we clicked about. After a good two hours of drinking and talking, I was ready to go. My buzz was high but I wanted to just walk around. We stepped out of the bar and the fresh air felt like I jumped into the lake out at my parents cottage for the first time, the breeze made the warm air feel ten times better. These were the days I loved living in California. Elle and I walked out to my car, she was a lot more sober than usual but she drove here so I decided to drive back. It was about twelve, and it was so beautiful outside. We drove back, Elle almost peeing her pants because I tripped and fell on the way out of the bar and literally landed in the arms of the guy that was staring at me all night. I was laughing with her. I couldn't help but laugh, it was pretty dang funny. I dropped her off at the door to her apartment, I smiled at her and we said our usual goodbye, a kiss on both cheeks and a hug. I said love you and all that jazz before parking my car in the parking garage attached to my condo building. I got out and immediately went to the front building, passing the front doors and walking around, I lived about ten minutes from a luscious little pond. It wasn't so little but it was communal and it had jogging trails around it and benches and it was so peaceful at night. I decided to walk there, after about five minutes of walking it turned more rural and you could walk and not be disturbed. I sat down on the ground, still in my dress and heels. My long blonde hair was blowing all over in the wind. I was just thinking about work and my family when Zayn popped into my head. I wonder when he's going to call. I better wait at least a week or so before I even start thinking about him calling. He probably won't even call. I don't care anyways. Yes you do. Whatever. I lie on my back and shut my eyes, feeling a rush of tiredness wash over me. I sat back up not wanting to fall asleep out here. I sat and watched the water, sitting peacefully for a couple more minutes before standing up and walking home. I got home and right away I was in my closet, grabbing pajamas. I had light pink silk bottoms with a white tank top. I slipped into to bed with my laptop, returning emails. I get emails from people working at our other stores around the country or complaints or compliments. Sometimes I got people wanting to team up with me, like Nike. We have a special little deal, they promote our most healthy smoothies and we give them five percent of what we make on those drinks only. It's kind of cool doing things like that. Then I go shop at Nike and see pictures of sports models drinking our smoothies and get asked as I check out if I would like a coupon. I found it pretty amusing. I know it seems kind of weird but it almost like I'm proud. I get to see my work and what I've done all over. It's pretty amazing. I have pride in what I do. That helps too. I smile to myself thinking about how into my work I am. I turned off my laptop after replying to a few more emails and turned off the lights on my bedside table. Shutting my eyes and felt myself drift off to sleep.

***************************************************

Okay! 2nd chapter done! Yay! Vote and Comment please! I hope you liked it! I have a question for you guys too! Would one of you mind making a book cover for this story, if you're interested just private message me and I'll give you the details of what I'd like in it! It would mean so much to me and I'll be sure to dedicate a chapter to you! Thanks! I love you guys!

~Regan