Protective 🍈

"It's getting dark... maybe we should RTB soon?" (Y/N) tried her best to keep her voice down, knowing they were right in the middle of enemy territory, and any loud noise or sudden movement could have then swarmed at any moment.

They were a small team of just five total, herself included, tasked with an undercover mission to stake out a nearby abandoned village which was possibly a hidden Fatui hideout.

The Fatui were reportedly creating more delusions, and they'd decided that they were the perfect people to put together for a stealthy team to check it out.

The village in question was huge, and it would probably take days to safely search the entire area to collect intel.

As for the other four people of (Y/N's) team, She hadn't met any of them yet besides Aether until the briefing for this mission. She'd assumed they were either from other cities in Teyvat or she just hadn't come across them before.

Except she'd heard of one other.

Xiao, the last standing Yaksha. One of the Adepti of Liyue. Her birthplace was in Inazuma, but she'd traveled back and forth to Liyue many times after the Shogun reopened the borders, and she'd made many friends there. It was also where she'd learned of the Adepti and Yaksha, so she understood the relevance of being on a team with one. She'd also heard many stories of Xiao from Aether.

(Y/N) had been apart of Aether's traveling team every now and then, but she'd never had the pleasure of meeting Xiao before. She knew Aether quite well, but the other faces were ones she didn't recognize. His traveling companions changed regularly.

The others were complete blank slates, and that honestly set her nerves even more on edge. Investigating such a dangerous place with people she'd hardly even met before, barely having any time to train together or effectively learn how to pair with each other's visions and abilities.

(Y/N) knew that Xiao was by far the most experienced, but she found it odd how he'd agreed to accompany them. From what she'd heard, the Yaksha wasn't very found of humans in general and usually liked to be alone.

Her abilities were mainly based around healing and regenerative properties, so she wasn't sure how well she'd pair with any of the others besides basic healing.

It was basically just an aura she possessed, and anytime she touched someone, she could regenerate their cells at an extremely accelerated rate, practically almost instantly healing broken bones, open wounds, and curing all sorts of sicknesses and physical issues, the only downside being how physically draining it was for her, so she had to use it moderately and make sure to get enough rest and recover after she used it.

They considered her a combat medic of sorts. She was able to save countless lives just by being there almost as soon as a serious injury took place where people regularly may not have even made it through the trip back to town to see a doctor.

But that meant her offensive capabilities were minimal. Of course she learned some basic hand to hand combat and defense with her sword but when it came to going up against another particularly aggressive vision all she could manage was to dodge and waste time until hopefully someone else was there to help her, so she often worked well with other very offensive or fast vision bearers. She'd also recently discovered she could increase the damage of other visions, so she was a great support.

(Y/N) could only assume that she would probably work best focusing on Xiao, considering their other team members had mostly stealth and more utility based.

"I agree. Let's head back." Xiao actually gave a quick nod of his head, back towards the way they had came.

They'd been searching around for hours by now, not a soul in sight, Fatui or animals alike. The place almost seemed completely deserted.