Chapter 6

Drinks...after drinks...after drinks were consumed and I felt on top of the world. After some dancing, a few games of beer pong, and some shots I needed a break. Everything in my vision was warped as I stumbled onto the couch.

"Hey, there you are! Where have you been?" The voice of whom I had seemed to land on shouted over the music. I didn't know who it was until I saw the blonde blur of hair.

"Hey Nigel how you been?" I giggled.

"Oh my word Jaleena, you're absolutely slaughtered! How many drinks have you had?"
I held up all of my ten fingers.

"Oh haha about this many...times three!" I answered while laughing ferociously.

"Holy crap! I've been looking all over for you and I couldn't find you. I need to get you home. You're trashed, its one o'clock in the morning, and I'm so exhausted."

"Why, I'm having soooo much f-fun!" I hiccupped, straddling Niall's lap.

Niall's eyes bulged out of his head, and his body froze in place under me.

"You didn't even try t-have any f-fun," I placed both hands on each of his shoulders and slowly moved them around his chest as I continued talking. "Lets face it, y-you're just about the same as a ninety year-old man who lounges on the c-couch all day." I slurred. Niall's eyes never left mine, and it was as if he were telling a story with his eyes, but he was at a loss for words.
He took an intake of breath, very fast and heavy, but he was afraid to let it out. And instead of doing what I thought he was going to do; which was argue with every word I said, he had said and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Even with me trashed, I was still in a state of mind to pay attention to the fact that our little "war" had ended too soon for my liking. I moved my face closer to his. It was close enough to where I could smell my alcohol tainted breath and his mint combined, and it was fairly relaxing to be this close to him. I smirked before trying to get him to react to anything I said at all.
"You got nothin' ta say cause it's true," I pointed at his chest playfully. My words were getting sloppier and my head droupier. Soon my head was laying on Niall's chest with my eyes shut. He lifted my body up in a swift motion and grunted.

"Awe, you're no fun to fight with when you're too drunk to form a full sentence."

But I didn't care what he said because I had no energy and barely any consciousness left to come up with a snappy remark. So instead I smelt his strong smelling cologne on the shoulder of his shirt as I drifted to sleep.

I felt empty and cold when I opened my eyes to find myself laying on my bed. The room was dark, but I heard a slight shuffle in the room and looked over to see a silhouette trying to find their way to the door. Before I had the chance to say anything, a loud crash was heard and the silhouette spoke in pain.
"Owww! Stupid dresser!"

"Hello?" I horsley called out.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to wake you." The blonde boy whispered. 'What was his name?' I thought.

Third person POV-

All she could remember was the wonderful smell of his body spray, and his shoulder, feeling comfortable with him, and even those blue eyes watching her when she was on his lap. The way he looked at her lips whenever she would come near his face. Before Jay could even think she started speaking.

"Lay with me." She patted a spot on the bed next to her and giggled, still feeling the effects of the alcohol she had consumed earlier.

"Jaleena, you're still drunk." Niall was exhausted, but he still plastered a slight smile on his face. The cause for that he didn't know, but he would soon figure it out. He carefully tucked the intoxicated girl into her bed and then started to walk away to finally get some sleep. While starting to walk away she suddenly stopped him by pulling his arm.

"Hey Neil," he chuckled lightly before answering.

"Yes?"

"Thank you."
Niall rubbed her hand for a few seconds with his thumb and then quietly left the room.