Chapter 3: New Bonds

Aubrey in the MM.

I stood outside of the gates to the school’s football stadium waiting for Maureen’s arrival. Just by how many people are scrambled around you can tell that these football games are big events, which isn’t unusual. I’ve never been to a high school football game and from the looks of it people treat these games like the NFL. People were running around with half their body painted yellow and the other half blue, with silver numbers to show exactly which player they were representing. It was quite exciting and I could really do this often.

As I looked down at my phone seeing if I had gotten a text from Maureen, I felt someone bump my shoulder. I quickly looked up from my phone hoping that it was Maureen playing around. The last thing I need this afternoon is conflict while I’m trying to enjoy the festivities.

Instead of seeing Maureen like I hoped I would it was Courtney with her back up posse following right after her. She turned around and gave me a look of shock as I looked her up and down. Her long straight hair flowed gracefully down her back and her green colored eyes glowed under the sky.

“Oh it’s the new girl,” she smiled at me and looked over at her friends. “You’re doing a project with Aubrey right?”

I crossed my arms over my chest and nodded, trying to figure out exactly why she stopped and decided to talk to me. This was the epitome of cliché. When she bumped into me all she could’ve said was ‘sorry’ and kept it moving, but of course her entire intentions was to stop me so she could say something smart.

“We have Ms. Holtz class together right?” She questioned.

I nodded again and waited for her decide on which direction she was trying to take this. She didn’t seem like she wanted much conflict because she was in a cheerleading uniform, but I can never tell with people now-a-days.

“Oh, well I just wanna introduce myself. I’m Courtney McNamara,” she cheesed.

I raised an eyebrow surprised she introduced herself to me, “I’m Royal.”

She nodded her head, “I know I’ve heard. The little project your doing with Aubrey is cute, I hope you guys do well.”

She turned away and on cue so did her posse. I wasn’t naïve nor stupid and I know for sure she didn’t really mean what she said, but the last thing I’m about to do is try and take her boyfriend. If he’s hers, good luck to them, I don’t even know him to like him anyways.

“Hey, sorry I’m late,” Maureen spoke from behind me just on time. Standing behind her was a girl that looked identical to her; the same girl I saw at the yearbook staff meeting.

“You have a twin?” I questioned.

Maureen looked over at the girl standing next to her and burst into laughter, “no she’s my sister. Royal this is my little sister Mailyn and Mailyn this is my friend Royal.” I waved at her sister and she did the same, “she’s gonna go find her friends now.”

Mailyn rolled her eyes and walked away from us to go look for her friends, who she quickly found in the distance. We went up to the ticket window and paid our two dollars to get into the gates.

Before I left this afternoon my mother didn’t at all stop me to ask where I was going or who I was going to be with. She hasn’t talked to me since she put her hands on me the other day and honestly I don’t at all care. I’m not about to be the first to say something when she’s the mother. We just won’t talk at all.

“So how do you like this school so far?” Maureen asked as we stood in the endless concession stand line. I’m so glad I decided to come because I’ve been craving fried Oreos for months now and I’ll finally get the delicious dessert tonight.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I like it right now, but I’m sure the reality of this will hit me sooner or later.”

I don’t want to jump the gun just yet and claim how much I really love school, and I’m pretty sure by the time Thanksgiving comes around I’m going to be ready to go back home to D.C. but I won’t let that happen. Whatever it takes, I’m not going to quit. I can get through this as long as I keep a clear mind.

“Have you seen any guys you think are cute?” She questioned as we took a few steps closer to the front of the line.

I bit my bottom lip and nodded, “yeah I think the guy in our calculus class is cute.” I replied referring to the white boy with the beautiful eyes.

Maureen looked over at me and smiled while shaking her head, “you’re talking about Justin. Every girl thinks he’s cute, I used to think he was cute.”

“What happened to you thinking he was cute?”

She sighed seeming as if there was a depressing story coming my way. “Well one day I tried to talk to him, only to find out that he only dates black girl.”

One of my eyebrows cocked up after hearing the fun fact about one of my cute classmate. He didn’t really seem like that type of guy, but just the people he surrounds himself with I’m a little less shocked and more of so excited.

“But I don’t blame him,” Maureen went on to say. “Black girls are irresistible. I mean like they have the total package.”

I laughed and shook my head as we made it to the front of the concession stand. I order my fried Oreos and a Pepsi slushy to drown down some of the sweet taste. Maureen on the other hand bought a walking-taco and a Gatorade. While the worker was in the back preparing our order I got a full look at the menu and it was filled with all different treats you would see at a carnival or an amusement park.

The lady came back with our things and we walked to the bleachers and found ourselves a spot before the stadium became packed. There wasn’t much going on yet but the people in the booth talking about raffle tickets and other activities they have going on for the night.

“So are there any other guys you think are cute?” Maureen asked as she scanned the bleachers for people.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I think this one guy is cute but he has a girlfriend.”

She turned her attention towards me the minute I mentioned that the guy has a girlfriend. “Who?”

I threw my head back in frustration while laughing. I didn’t really want to make a big deal out of me thinking Aubrey was cute because that’s all it was. Now that I know he has a girlfriend I consider him off limits. I’m not that type of girl and I would never want someone coming in-between my relationship, so why would I do it to someone else.

“It’s not that serious,” I waved her off trying to brush off the subject. Maureen looked at me and waited for me to give in to her and I was close to. Her face wore an expression to just tell her if it isn’t that serious. I sighed, “his name is Aubrey.”

Her eyes got big and she grew a sinister smile, “the Aubrey? As in football superstar Aubrey Alexander?”

I shrugged and finished my last fried Oreo, “I guess. You know him?”

She nodded her head, “yeah his friend, well cousin, Damien and I used to talk in the summer time so I used to hang with his clique and just chill.”

“Well why don’t you two date?” I asked assuming she was talking about the infamous Damien in my Sex Ed class.

She twisted her mouth to the side, “things happened. Let’s just say I thought I was pregnant and when I told him he was pissed.”

“So you’re not pregnant?” I looked at her oddly.

She snorted, “god no. We didn’t even have sex.”

Maureen was throwing me in circles, with her story. She said she thought she was pregnant but they didn’t have sex. I know I’m a little unfamiliar with these things but I’m not naïve either. The only way to get pregnant is by sex, so I think.

“But how?” I questioned.

“One day I gave him a hand job, he had cum on his hands and he fingered me. I didn’t have my period for awhile and assumed that the cum on his hands got into my tubes, but come to find out I was just going through a change which was why I was late.” She explained which threw me into more circles.

“Wow, I have a lot to learn.” I mumbled while sipping my Pepsi slushy.

“You’re a virgin?”

I nodded vigorously and by the look on Maureen’s face she’s never seen a girl be so proud to still have her virginity. I’m not just a virgin because of who my parents are and how I basically had no type of freedom being a Senators daughter, but because I consider my body my temple. I want to stay as pure as I can.

“Honestly Royal keep it that way,” she tried to school me on something I was already planning to do.

“Trust me I am. I plan on giving it up to someone who’s worth it and someone I know I can see myself being with for the rest of my life.” As cliché as I sounded I was being one hundred percent honest. I can’t see myself as a guy’s one night pleasure. Just the sound of it makes me cringe inside.

“Damn, I wish I still had the same mindset as you,” she sighed. “But let’s talk about you thinking Aubrey is cute. Let me just warn you about is ‘lil girlfriend Courtney.”

I placed my hand up, “I already can tell how she is from a mile away. She doesn’t like any girl talking, looking, or thinking about Aubrey.”

Maureen looked over at me and smiled, “wow you’re good.”

I nodded and boost my ego a little, “I know.”

Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of the band members, color guards, and the cheerleaders making their way down the field. The person over the loud speaker told us to rise for the National Anthem and the Alma Mater.

Once those things were out the way our football players and the opponents football players made it to the field and started the game off. At first I didn’t even know what number Aubrey was, but the minute the game started was the minute they began to announce his name for touchdowns, succeeded passes, tackles and other achievements. He was really the star of the team and his skills really shined.

“He’s really good,” I mumbled more to myself as Aubrey scored yet another touchdown.

Maureen nodded in agreement catching my self conversation, “yeah he’s had scholarship offers since his sophomore year. He’s always in the news papers and he’s gotten a lot of attention from some professional football players. And not only is he talented but he’s really smart.”

I took in the information Maureen was telling me and finally understood why Courtney might be the way she is. She knows exactly what she has and she knows coming across a guy like Aubrey is very slim. If I were his girlfriend I’d probably be the same exact way.

<>

I woke up the next morning after the game and felt so great. All this week I’ve woken up at six o’clock and now I guess my body has officially adjusted to it because I was up by ten o’clock which isn’t that bad. The game last night with Maureen was fun, not to mention that our team won.

After throwing on a pair of sweats I went downstairs into the kitchen and decided to fix me a small breakfast, something I haven’t had in a long time. Last night I came in the house around eleven and my mother didn’t really seem to care, neither did she ask for my whereabouts. I don’t know if she was being this way because she was mad or because she wants me to have my freedom. Either way I love it and I can surely get used to it.

Plating my breakfast I heard a knock at the door and ran to get it. Looking out the peephole I could see King and two other guys by his side. My mother was out for the day like usual and I had the place to myself, so I thought.

I undid the locks and opened the door and looked at my brother and the two fine gentlemen behind him. He tried to push past me but I stood my ground in front of the door waiting for him to tell me why he brought his friends over, not like I really cared at all.

“C’mon Royal move,” King stressed.

“What are you doing here?” I questioned and directed my attention over to his two friends. “And who are these two?”

King kissed his teeth and turned to his friends and then back at me, “Royal these are my friends Quez and Dom. Yall this is my annoying ‘lil sister Royal.”

I smiled at his fine friends and finally stepped aside, “that’s much better.”

All three of them walked in and into the kitchen immediately attacking the refrigerator. I’m assuming that this is an everyday thing for them back when I was living in D.C. Quez and Dom seemed a little too comfortable in our kitchen and in the living room.

“Bruh I thought you were the only child.” Quez spoke. He was light skin with dreads stopping right at his shoulders and his dimples in his cheeks showed every time he cracked a smile. He was wearing a pair of Moorehouse sweats and a football physical training shirt, something all three of them were rocking today.

King sighed and looked over at me, “I was the only child until she moved here so she can go to regular school and be a regular girl.” He spoke in a monotone voice.

I flipped him the bird and continued on with my breakfast at the island counter as the guys rummaged through the kitchen. “Does mom know you are here to invade the house for food?”

“This is an everyday thing,” his friend Dom answered for him. Dom was brown skin with a neat faded haircut that every girl loves. His slim but muscular body sat perfectly on the stool next to me as I tried to finish my food without drooling over his looks.

By the time I finished my breakfast the boys were in the living room engrossed in a game of 2K like any typical group of guys. I walked upstairs and into my room and grabbed my phone proceeding to call my father but realized I had a text from an unknown number. I texted them back with a normal response and immediately got a text saying that it was Aubrey.

“Damn I forgot,” I mumbled. Today Aubrey wanted to start on our project and I’m more then ready. The only thing is that my hair isn’t cooperating this morning and looks a little crazy and lord knows I need to make a trip to the hair salon so that they can handle it.

Aubrey texted back with an address and a time to meet him, which was in the next two hours. I turned my Bluetooth on my phone and played music through my Beats Pill and quickly got into the shower. Coating my body in my favorite body wash from Victoria Secret I sang along with The Weeknd to his song Earned It. One thing I love is music and the peace it brings to my life. Whenever I’m down or just not in the mood all I have to do is listen to music and it boosts my atmosphere instantly, no matter the genre.

I got out of the shower and searched through my closet and my drawers for something suitable to wear. I had too many clothes but it seemed like I didn’t really have much to wear. I soon started to rummage through my things trying to find something until clothes were askew around my room.

I placed my hands on my hips and sighed, “what do I wear to something like this?” I thought out loud. Any other time I’d just throwing something on and call it a day but Aubrey’s going to be taking pictures of me. I need to look my best, but at the same time not over the top.

I sighed dramatically and picked up a pair of jeans and my Wealth & Abundance all white pull over hoodie and to top of the look I put on my grey and white Huaraches and my jean jacket. I straightened my hair to my best ability and it finally layed down like how I wanted it to.

After finishing up I left out of my room and into the kitchen to find my mother and King talking. Their conversation seemed to stop as I walked in and went through the refrigerator for a bottle of water before I left. When I turned around my mother seemed to be immersed into her phone like always and King was staring at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Where are you going?” He questioned looking me up and down.

“Out to work on a project with someone,” I answered his question while checking my phone for the time. Not once did my mother look up at me and I didn’t expect her to.

I walked out of the kitchen and towards the front door, proceeding to leave, but not before I heard my mother call my name. I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see her standing there looking me up and down.

“Be in here at ten o’clock. Eleven forty-five is not a suitable time for a sixteen year old.” She ordered with bass in her voice.

I nodded, leaving the conversation where it’s at. I opened up the front door and left out going towards the address Aubrey texted me. I found it crazy how she can talk to me to tell me what to do but she can’t simply talk to me about what happened the other day.

Forgetting the entire situation I pulled up to the park a little outside of Downtown Atlanta and got out. The park was semi-full, but it seemed like a lot of people were packing up their picnics and their family festivities because the sky was growing dark clouds. But according to the weather we weren’t suppose to get rain, just a gloomy day.

Walking through the park I spotted Aubrey sitting on a bench with the camera next to him, and going through his phone. I walked up to him and took a seat on the bench. He finally looked up from his phone and flashed me his killer grin he always seemed to wear.

“Hey,” I spoke first. “I hope I didn’t have you waiting long, I was just having some trouble.” I merely lied about my difficulty with finding something to wear.

“You good,” he picked up the camera sitting next to him and placed the strap around his neck. “So how do you wanna do this?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “you’re the photographer and you’re the one that came up with this idea so you tell me.”

He stood up from the bench and nodded, “yeah you’re right, let’s go.”

I stood up and followed behind him as he walked down the trail of the park. I watched as all the little kids played together, the joggers running to get their exercise in, and the birds chirping in the trees. Although it was gloomy, today was a beautiful day.

“So where are we going?” I asked Aubrey as if I were a little kid trying to be down with a big dog.

“Just wait…,” he looked over at me as I finally matched his pace. “Did you come to the game last night?”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I didn’t know you were such a star. You have lots of fans.”

He chuckled a little and looked over at me, “did I gain a new one last night?”

I was taken aback but didn’t let my face show it, “yeah I guess. I heard that you’re getting scholarships from a lot of different schools and you’re always in the newspaper. Do I smell the NFL in your future?”

“If you smell it then we’re in two different worlds,” he replied while fondling with the camera in his hands. By the way he’s working with it I can tell he’s gotten some sort of practice so that we can be set and ready to get this project done and over with.

“What do you mean?” 

“Football is not something I want to make into a career; it’s just a hobby that I just so happen to be good at.” He looked up when he was done talking and pointed the camera towards my face.

As a natural instinct I covered my face and before I knew it the flash went off. He smiled at the finished result and showed it to me. Of course just like last time, the picture was taken before I could cover my face. It was actually a nice picture of the structure of the side of my frame, but I still didn’t like it.

“Delete it,” I ordered. He laughed a little and finally nodded. “So if you don’t want to go to the NFL then what do you want to do? If you don’t mind me asking.” I asked switching the topic back to what we were talking about before he caught me off guard.

“Actually I do mind you asking,” he responded making me look over at him with sorrow in my eyes. He smiled a little and shook his head, “I was kidding. But I want to go into the Military.”

“Really?” I asked in disbelief. “What branch?”

“The Air Force,” he smiled with pride. From what I know, the Air Force is the hardest branch to get into because it’s the youngest branch in the military. In order to even be considered you must get a certain score on your ASVABS and from the sound of Aubrey’s voice I think he had a pretty good score.

What caught my attention more than him not wanting to go to the NFL is him wanting to do something meaningful with his life. If someone had the god given talent like football that can feed the rest of their family on one contact they wouldn’t pass up the opportunity. Aubrey on the other hand considered his talent as just a hobby, and I really liked that.

“I really like that,” I voiced my thoughts out loud. My eyes widen a little as I realized that I was speaking out loud, something I’ve been doing a lot these days.

Aubrey shifted his focus from the camera over to me, “really?”

“Yeah. Why is there someone who doesn’t accept your decision?” I curiously asked.

“Someone?” He chuckled, “how about everyone.”

“Well I think it’s a great idea that you’re willing to fight for your country. It shows a lot about your character.” We stopped walking and he turned towards me and smiled. Being a nice person I smiled back and continued with the eye contact, even though lord knows I hate too much of it.

As if the lord was looking down on me Aubrey broke the eye contact and reached into his pocket for his ringing phone. One look at the caller ID and he stepped to the side and answered.

I took a look at my surroundings and saw a nice painted wall behind me. The graffiti was neatly done and had several symbols and hidden pictures in the artwork. Something I love doing is visiting art museums and admiring the mind of someone come to life on a canvas. Art is something I’m so passionate about, whether it’s music, drawing, dancing, or even acting. It’s a way of living and most people who are famous for art wouldn’t have much to do if they weren’t in the field that they’re in.

After admiring the art work I grabbed my vibrating phone from out of my silver pouch clutch and answered it quickly because it was my father. I haven’t really talked to him since the incident with my mother and this is literally the longest we went without talking.

“Hey daddy,” I beamed with joy.

“Hey Ro, what are you doing baby girl?” He asked letting his Bajan accent drip from his tone.

“Just out with a guy from my—,”

“A guy?” He exclaimed before I could get my full sentence out.

“Calm down old man, you’ll give yourself a heart attack,” I teased into the phone. “But we’re doing a project together so we’re walking through the park.” I looked around for Aubrey but could no longer see him.

“Oh really what’s the project?”

“Just a collage for my photography class. We have to capture picture perfect moments of something or someone.” I laughed while quoting my dorky photography teacher Mr. Ryer.

“Well what’s the picture perfect thing you guys are capturing?”

“Yours truly,” I sang into the phone while laughing.

“Sounds fun baby, I know for sure you’ll get a good grade, you’re a true beauty,” he complimented me.

Most girls in life ask for a relationship with a guy that makes them smile, buys them things, and love them unconditionally. I don’t need any of those things from a guy when I already get it from my father. He’s everything I could’ve asked for and I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have him in my life.

“Thanks daddy,” I blushed. “Have you talked to your wife?” I switched the subject just to see if he’s gotten any word on how she’s feeling. I don’t want to directly ask her, at least not yet, but I know it’ll come soon.

“Yeah,” he huffed causing me to giggle. “She called me just now and told me that you came into the house at an inappropriate hour.”

I rolled my eyes, “I was at a football game. It was packed in the parking lot when we left. It’s not like she even asked me where I was going to begin with.”

“Well next time let her know and don’t come in the house late, at least be good for me. But I have to get back to work. I’ll call you tomorrow evening. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I hung up my phone and checked my messages to see a text from Maureen.

Maureen: What are you doing tonight? Wanna go to Cascade? Lot’s of cute boys!

I giggled at her text and heard someone call my name. I looked up from my phone and saw Aubrey pointing the camera directly at me and capturing my ‘deer in headlights’ moment. He jogged from across the street over to where I was standing and showed me the picture. To my surprise the picture wasn’t bad and it looked really good. I didn’t look like I was posing too hard, but it also didn’t look like I was caught off guard.

After approving of the picture Aubrey and I headed back to the main part of the park and decided to call it quits for today. It was starting to get chilly outside and I was growing hungry by the minute.

“So when’s the next time you’re free?” Aubrey asked as we stopped in front of my car.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I’m always free.”

“Okay,” he nodded. “I’ll text you sometime this week or let you know in class.”

I slowly nodded and we looked at each other awkwardly. His head soon started to nod in sync with mine making me smile a little. He stopped and looked at me for a second, making me assume something was on my face.

“What?” I questioned touching all over my face. I looked into my tinted windows of my black Ferrari examining myself. “Do I have something on my face?”

Aubrey laughed, “no you don’t have anything on your face. Sorry for staring.”

I looked up at him, “oh okay. Well I guess I’ll see you at school.”

Aubrey nodded and headed towards his car on the opposite side of the parking lot. I got in and took off towards my mother’s place. While at a stop light I texted Maureen back telling her that I’d go skating with her tonight. I might as well enjoy the adventures as they present themselves.

<>

I woke up from my nap at the sound of my alarm. I pushed dismiss and buried my face in the pillow from the exhaustion in my body. Throwing the covers off of me I got attacked by the cold air and shivered.

Maureen said that she’d pick me up from my house at eight o’clock and its seven thirty now. Going into my closet I stripped form my clothes and threw on an all white and baby blue North Face hoodie with a pair of light washed jeans. After I put on my Columbian 11 Jordan’s, I went into my bathroom and threw my hair into a sloppy, but neat bun on top of my head.

Before I left out of my room I sprayed Pure Seduction by Victoria Secret on myself and grabbed my phone. When I got home from the park with Aubrey, my mother and King and his friends were no longer here. Now that it’s seven o’clock it sounds like my mother and two of her friends are in the living room chatting it up.

Being the polite and respectful person I am, I waved and greeted my mother’s friends and they did the same. They were the same two females that I met a month ago when I first got here and according to my mother they were her first friends down here in Atlanta.

“Where are you going tonight pretty lady?” My mother’s friend Michelle spoke to me.

“To cascade,” I replied smiling at her. My mother looked me up and down and I looked over at her waiting for her to say something to me.

“Don’t forget to be in here before eleven, if not you won’t be allowed back out for the next two weeks.” She ordered.

I slightly rolled my eyes, “okay.” I got a text from Maureen telling me she was outside. “I’m leaving,” I announced.

“Have fun!” My mother’s other friend Lisa yelled behind me.

I left out of the condominium and made it to the streets to see Maureen’s Range Rover out front. I hopped in and she took off into the night. I can’t lie; it’s a little weird to be riding around with another girl, that’s considered as my friend. But I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

“So what did you do today?” Maureen asked.

“I went to that park right there with Aubrey,” I pointed to the spot we were at a few hours ago.

“Hold up. You were in a park with Aubrey? Doing what?” She questioned while occasionally looking from me to the road.

“Calm down, we were just taking pictures for a project we have.” I laughed. “But what did you do?”

“Chilled with Damien,” she smirked and looked over at me.

“I thought you didn’t talk to him anymore,” I questioned.

She shrugged her shoulders a little and stopped at a red light. “When I brought up his name last night I kinda realized I missed him a little. I texted him congratulating him on the win and he asked if he could see me today.”

“And all you two did was chill?”

She nodded, “yes Royal. We didn’t do anything else, but that doesn’t mean we won’t soon.”

I clasped my hands together and looked up at her sunroof, “Lord, please help this child.”

Maureen laughed and sped away from the light, “but he’s gonna be at Cascade tonight with his squad so tonight will be eventful.”

When she mentioned squad all I could think about were all the guys that are constantly around Damien and Aubrey in the hallway. No matter where I see them they always seem to have an entourage around them. They were most definitely the two most popular boys in our school.

Maureen turned up her speakers and blasted Fetty Wap and Rich Homie Quan for the remainder of the drive, until we were outside of the skating rink. The entire outside of Cascade was packed with people getting out of their cars and making their way into the building.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car and met Maureen on the other side. She linked arms with me and we walked into Cascade and the place was just as packed as it was outside. Ciara’s Body Party Remix was blasting throughout the place to match the vibe.

Maureen led me over towards the counter to pay for skates. We stood in line and she pulled out her phone and snapped a picture for her snap chat story. When we laughed at the picture of us, someone walked up to Maureen and wrapped their arms around her waist. We both turned around and it was Damien himself.

“Hey,” she smiled, while her voice got a little softer. I was taken aback and almost laughed but I contained my outburst and looked elsewhere.

“Wassup,” he replied and then looked over at me, “Wassup Royal.”

“Hi Damien,” I responded. I looked behind me at the group of people he walked up to us with and it consisted of the same guys, even Aubrey. He was too engrossed in his phone to even realize that I was standing right in front of him.

We were finally next in line and Maureen and I ordered two pairs of size six skates. We sat down on a bench to put them on and she couldn’t stop squealing at Damien. She was lusting over the sight of him standing in line with his friends and I could see why. He was really good looking and not to mention talented with football.

“Get your head out of the clouds,” I laughed while standing up.

“It’s so hard,” she whined while standing up with me. We grabbed our shoes and skated over to our designated lockers and locked them up and skated back over towards the concession stands. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had fried Oreos yesterday I would’ve ordered them again, but my body has had too much grease in one week.

“Here comes queen bee,” Maureen motioned towards the front entrance as Courtney walked in with her typical group. She looked around for a second and her eyes finally landed on Aubrey and she approached him, making me look away.

“How long have they been dating?” I asked referring to Courtney and Aubrey.

“Since he was in ninth grade and she was in eighth grade. They’ve known each other their whole life, which is why she knows for sure no one can come in between their relationship,” She answered while we skated towards the floor.

I looked back at the couple as they were embraced into each other. “They’re cute.”

“Yeah when they’re lovely dovey, not when they’re arguing in the cafeteria for everyone to hear their problems.” Maureen rolled her eyes and we began to skate around the rink in the loop that everyone was going in.

“Sounds like trouble in paradise,” I replied. I didn’t really have much to say, because I let Maureen do all the gossiping and I do all the listening. Some of the things she talks about are so interesting and intriguing that I want her to keep going, but at the same time I can’t believe everything she says even if it is entertaining.

As of right now I’m just enjoying the fun that I’m having. I’ve never experienced any of this and I’m so new to it all that I don’t want it to stop. I love having someone to talk and laugh with like Maureen. It’s only my first week of school and I feel like I’ve accomplished so many things, there’s just so much more to come.

_________

I know it to me foreverrrrrrr to update and that’s because I was so focused on my other book. After everyone begging and pleading for me to update I finally decided to sit down and get something out. I know this may not be much and that’s because this is like the filler chapter. The real stuff will start in the next few chapters to come, and I don’t know when’s the next time I’ll update but hopefully it’ll be soon.

Vote&Comment (Excuse Any Mistakes)