Chapter 2: Madness

Alex, October 17, 11:36 am

I remember everything that happened last night.  Axel and Luke have the time of their lives in the company of each other.  I think they know something that I and Edmund don't know. 

I have better things to focus on now that I am officially Alpha.  I have a ton of paperwork to do.  I became the alpha yesterday and I already hate it.

October 17, 12:20 pm

I am 3/8th way done with the paperwork who knew that paperwork would be harder than it looks.  It's not all about signing things and giving them to your beta.  No, you have to actually read the shit it tells you. 

October 17, 2:57 pm

I finally finished the work after hours of working

October 17 2:59:50

There is a tug and it is pulling me towards someone.  It's not bad but it feels out of place

2:59:55

I am getting dizzy.  I pass out. 

57

The tugging is getting worse

58

Someone is in my dream. 

59

I look at the person and feel a very strong connection, the type of connection that only mates would have.  I finally see a clear picture of the person...

Edmund...

October 17, 3:00 pm

The pull is so strong, but I must stay and finish the work, even though I can focus.  I try to focus but Axel is driving me insane begging us to go to our mate. 

After 5 minutes of trying to reason with him, I give in and call my beta in.  I tell him to finish the paperwork while I go do more important things, like look for Edmund. I run out of the packhouse and into the streets. 

I shift into my wolf and let Axel take over and start looking for our mate.  Axel can find where he lives.  Axel starts running up to the door and scratches it.  The door bursts open and Edmund's mother and father step out of the house and look down at me.  They bow their heads and allow me inside.  The smell was vinialla and strawberrys.

His scent was everywhere but I focused hard enough to find where the scent was coming from.  His scent was everywhere in the house, making my and Axel's head feel fuzzy.  The scent was driving me insane.  I had to hold back Axel from going fully feral to try and find Edmund.  The smell was getting stronger the closer I got to the stairs. 

Axel went up the stairs and we followed the scent until reaching a door.  His scent was pooling out of the door and into the hallway.  I walked up to the door and heard shaky breathing. 

I shirted back into a human and knocked on the door.  "Edmund let me in,"  I said softly not wanting him to fear me.  The door opened and a wave of freshly cut grass came crashing into my nose making me wobble.  Edmund was standing there and he looked so beautiful, so handsome, so perfect. 

He speed-walked to his right and got on a rickety old bed and threw a dusty old blanket on top of him and curled into a ball.  "If you're here to reject me just do it already,"  he mumbled.  I fell in love with that mumble right there and then. 

Then I realized that he said to reject him. "Why would I reject you, you beautiful, pretty, magnificent, the werewolf of a mate.  Edmund, my father told me to take care of my mate and love them no matter what." I spoke proudly to Edmund.  His head poked out of the grey dusty blanket and looked at me with sad, but happy eyes. 

"You're not going to reject me?"  He questioned looking helplessly into my eyes.  "Reject you.  Reject you.  I would never reject you.  If you think that I am going to reject you, you got another thing coming!"  I said sternly and he hid back in the covers.  I walked over to the small bed and sat next to Edmund.  "Edmund, I am sorry.  I didn't mean to yell at you."  I said calmly rubbing his back. 

He poked his small strawberry hair head out of the blanket and looked at me with blue intense eyes.  "Your sorry?"  He questioned still looking at me in the eye.  "Yes. I am very sorry."  I said calmly and scouched closer to him and wrapped my arms around him.  Edmund nuzzled his head into my chest and fell asleep.  I fell asleep not long after him.

***

The sounds of banging and soft cries are what woke me up.  My Edmund was the one that was softly crying and the banging was coming from outside of his room.  "EDMUND YOU PIECE OF SHIT, OPEN THE DOOR!"  A high pitch voice yelled banging on the door.  I looked down at Edmund and saw tears prick his blue eyes.  "Edmund," I whispered, "want to come live with me?"  I knew it was a reach but it was to get him away from his parents.

He met my eyes and shook his head yes.  I let go of him so he could pack his stuff up.  I helped him and we got things done 5 times faster.  The only normal way out was the door which was currently being blocked by Edmund's mother.  The window was the only other option.  I opened the window, "Follow me."  I said and jumped down the house and onto the ground. 

Edmund looks scared to jump.  I held out my arms ready to catch him.  "Edmund jump I will catch you.  Trust me."  I said and he trusted me. He jumped down and it looked like he was flying.  His strawberry blond hair flowing in the wind, a giant smile on his face, happy eyes.  The definition of beautiful. 

I caught him and twirled him around in the air, he was laughing and he looked so cute.  I was just in the moment and I kissed him!  He was flustered and looked even cuter.  "Sorry I was just caught up in the mo--"  I was cut off with a pair of soft, warm lips.  They were Edmunds. 

I was about to take it further but he broke from the kiss gasping for air, which by the way made him look really sexy.  "L-lets go."  Edmund said very much out of breath.  "Give me your bag and shift." I said and he did as he was told.  He gave me his very light bag and shifted into his wolf.  Luke, Edmund's wolf, sat patiently waiting for Axel to come out and play. 

I took Edmund's bag and strapped it to my chest and sifted it into Axel.  I was going to start treading back to the packhouse but Axel took over.  Luke also took over Edmund.

Word Count
    - 1149 -