Chapter 22

A/N: PLEASE don't be a silent reader! I would REALLY appreciate your comments on the story. I can take criticism so please voice your thoughts, just don't be mean. I want to know your ideas and everything about the story!

Chapter 22

"Across the ocean, across the sea,
Starting to forget the way you look at me now
Over the mountains, across the sky,
Need to see your face, I need to look in your eyes" - Be Alright - Justin Bieber

"What are you doing for Thanksgiving Zoe?" I looked up at Zach who had asked me the question.

I glanced over at Logan who was sitting beside me at the lunch table. I hadn't been able to tell him yet that I was going to be going back to Virginia for a few days for Thanksgiving. Our relationship has been different this last week. A good different non the less but still different. After our lazy day last Saturday we have seem more closer than normal. Sometimes I felt like we more than just friends but then sometimes it seemed I was friendzoned and he hasn't opened up to me about his feelings. Neither have I honestly.

Logan was looking at me with curious eyes and I couldn't but notice how attractive he was looking today. He wore a grey sweater that showed his muscles very well with jeans and to top it off, a beanie was placed on his head.

Giving Logan a shy smile I replied, "I'm actually going back to Virginia for a few days to be with family for Thanksgiving." I noticed how Logan's face fell and he wasn't as happy as he was a few seconds before.

"Oh! I bet that would be fun!" Cara says sitting down beside Peyton.

"I bet your excited to see all your friends. I'm sure you've missed them." Kelsey said.

I nodded, "Yeah,"

To be completely honest, I've been so preoccupied with my new friends here that I really haven't thought much about my friends back home. At first I missed them but now I rarely talk to them anymore. I am excited to see them but not as excited as I thought I would be.

Logan seemed to be avoiding my eyes and a little quieter at the lunch table. Normally, he never shuts up enough to even eat but today he's focused on eating and less chit chatting. I'm not sure if it's what I said or he's just really hungry today.

The bell rang and we all jump to our feet to throw away our food and head to our lockers for our next class. Logan was already off to his locker and I tried to catch up with him. "Hey, Logan!" He turned at my voice and stopped.

"Hey, you okay?" I breathed.

He sighed and forced a smile, "Yeah, why not?"

"I don't know, you just don't seem yourself today."

He smiled and walked with me to my locker, "Don't worry about me sweetheart, I'm fine."

I didn't believe him but I let it go, "Okay, if you say so."

Class was soon over and I was now making my way to Logan's car. I leaned against his car and pulled my jacket tighter around me. With it reaching the end of November the air was getting cold. Thankfully Logan was not too far behind me and unlocked to car so I could get in away from the cold.

"So when are you leaving to go back to Virginia?" He asks finally breaking the silence.

"Tomorrow," I said, "I was going to tell you sooner but it kinda slipped my mind. I'm sorry." Tomorrow was Saturday and we were out of school all week for a Thanksgiving break.

"When are you coming back?"

"I think next Friday." A week was a long time to not see Logan and I was heartbroken by it but I can't really help it.