Chapter 2

Jude

 "Do you think it worked? Aiden asked the night they were all waiting to hear the news. Jude had no doubt in his mind about the plan they had given Autumn. It would have her sent home faster than the last school the boys managed to get expelled from. It was pretty impressive and even he had to admit that.

When he looked towards the area where most of his brother's were sitting he realized that Chase hadn't been the one who asked the question. He was usually the most talkative out of the group, while Aiden was the most reserved. He also noticed that Chase wasn't talking among the guys either. 

Without thinking Jude blurted out what was on his mind, " Are you going to tell us why you're so quiet today?" No one had to look at Jude to ask who he was talking too, everyone knew Chase wasn't acting like himself.

Without hesitating Chase spoke up. Even he knew Jude wasn't just simply asking a question, but ordering for an answer. " Things are going to be different now. If she didn't turn, then we can't tell her about anything. We can't tell her about us and we use to tell each other everything. If something like this hasn't divided us yet since shes been away, it will now. Secrets separate people, especially one's like this.

Jude didn't want to admit how right Chase was, but he also knew he had a responsibility to his brothers. So to make the subject lighter Jude said the only thing he could say at the time.  " We don't know for sure if she hasn't."

" Come on Jude." Kyle the third oldest spoke up, "She tells us everything. She would have told us if she turned that's not something you just forget to bring up. And like you said this afternoon she gave no signs away that she was confused or freaked out."

He wanted to tell them how wrong they were, but it would be pointless. The facts were right there in his face and nothing was adding up the way it should have been.  Autumn didn't turn and that meant a separation between them that she would never understand. 

"We won't know officially until she gets here, so lets just wait and see what happens. No need to get upset over something we don't know for sure." Jonah spoke. That was always like him to try and keep the peace among all the brothers. Jonah was younger than him, but Jude strived to be more like his younger brother.

Before Jude could agree with Jonah the phone rang. This was the moment all the brothers had been waiting for and they needed to know if the plan had actually worked. So he picked up the phone no longer containing himself. "Well?"

He heard his sister breathing over the line, "Put the phone on speaker." Autumn said to him. He didn't wait for her to say anything else before he motioned the brothers to gather around the phone that was now laid on the table in front of them.

"Alright. Tell us Autumn, did it work?"

"Guys" she spoke calmly. "Looks like I'm coming back home!" she did not speak calmly on the last part, infact, she screamed it.

The relief was on all the brothers faces and Jude finally allowed himself to release the breath he hadn't  known he was holding.

"When do you leave" The twins Ian and Liam spoke trying to grab the phone off the table, but Jude grab it and gave them a look that told them not to be selfish in this moment.

Autumn didn't take her time telling the boys when she would be leaving. " Tomorrow morning. Infact, I should be home around tomorrow night."

Chase couldn't hold in his excitement any longer, " Thank god its been boring as hell without you here." He heard Autumn laughing over the phone, " I miss you guys too" she replied. Even though the boys never came out and said it directly to her she knew this was their way of telling her.

After the laughing and chattering died down Autumn spoke up again, " I should probably go pack. I'll see you guys tomorrow." The line died not to long after that.

Reality hit Jude hard after he hung up with his sister. "We should probably go check the boarders." Aiden said gaining his attention. " Make sure everything's safe for her tomorrow."

Aiden was right of course. 

Jude knew that if he hadn't been blessed by age that made him their leader, then without a doubt Aiden would have been picked. Should have been picked, but that was not what happened and now it fell onto him. Something that he could not fail at. Would not fail at. 

But he often had his doubts. Doubts that made him think about the offering the Darst Pack had given them. A chance for them to not have to be on the look out all the time, a chance for them to know the real meaning of a pack. A chance for him not to be looked upon with answers he could not give.

That however came with a price. And that price was his only sister. 

That was why it was so important for her to turn. Without her turning meant that if he did give into the Darst Pack's offer, they would not see Autumn again. Once you're apart of a pack you're in it for life. Which meant that you lived on their land and followed their alpha's orders. And the number one Darst rule was no humans. If one of the pack members were to breed with a human it meant the dying off of their kind. In just a few more years of breeding that were's line would be dead. The rest of his family would be human. No trace of the original. Half werewolf, Half human didn't go to well with the Darst pack or really any other packs. 

The werewolf line was already dying off. For you to breed with a human was the most disrespectful thing you could do to your pack. If you were lucky they would just toss you aside like damaged goods, but if you were not, well that meant punishment and death. You were no longer useful to them anymore. You destroyed your line.

"Jonah, Ian and Liam" Jude spoke up taking over the Alpha spot, " I want you three to circle this entire property. If you even think something is off you report back immediately. Understood?"

All three nodded their responses. 

"Good, now go." The boys didn't wait to hear what the other brothers were doing, they simply did what they were told to do. Jude wasn't their brother at the moment. He was their Alpha.

"Kyle and Chase, I need the both of you to oversee the younger three. Make sure everything is actually secure." He didn't have to say anything else the third and fourth eldest knew the younger boys were just learning the ways. Now the only too boys left in the room was Jude and his beta, Aiden.

" I don't think you're going to like what I'm about to suggest." Aiden spoke resting his back against the wall. 

" I had a feeling." 

"Then led the way" Aiden motioned with his hand. No,Jude didn't like what Aiden had suggested at all, but he knew it had to be done. He was going to see their mother and tell her the news. Autumn was coming home and they didn't know if she turned or not.