2: Why

Andrea's POV

I woke up extremely enthusiastic today, I even made breakfast. Kevin was just as surprised as I was, because when he came downstairs he said "Aren't you the girl who hates cooking, doll?"

 "Yes, mi pingüino (my penguin), but it just came to me."

 "Baby girl?"he said hopefully, 

"Mhm?" 

"You called me pingüino," he told me with joy, "you haven't done that since HE came in to the picture.." 

"Oh, Carlos? Yea whatever, forget about him he's gone." I said with a wink.

What has gotten into me, it's been years since I flirted with my best friend. 

"I thought you were in love with him?" he said confused. 

"I thought so too, but I was wrong." I said smiling. 

"It's good to have you back," he said as he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "I missed you." He rested his head on my shoulder, and for the first time in a while I felt peace.

We sat down and ate our breakfast. I missed being down here and spending time with Kevin. He was always there when I needed him. Thanks to him I no longer find it hard to smile or be myself, he brought me out of my shell.

"Uhm, I need to ask you something." Kevin said to me. "Shoot!" I encouraged, smiling at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kevin's POV

"Shoot!" She said enthusiastically. At this point I wasn't sure if I should ask her or not, I mean she is my best friend and I don't want to ruin it for us. Plus we live together so if things go wrong it could be bad. Maybe I should think things through a little bit more.

"Would you like to attend an event with me?" I asked instead of my original question. It's too soon, I know it is. 

"Sure, what kind of event?" she agreed. 

"Just make sure you're free all day next Saturday." I smiled at her and she nodded leaving the kitchen. It's kind of strange how much time we spend in here. We literally spend more time in the kitchen than in our own rooms. Although I like it better this way.

I remember when we first moved in she loved everything about the house other than the kitchen. She told me that she would never step foot in here because it would lead to her pending doom. I always laughed at that, seriously how bad could it be? But she warmed up to it over the years. Yes years, we have lived here for two years. Since her parents dislike the idea of her being trapped at home, they asked me if I would look after her. They said it was because I'm three years older than her and they have known me since the day I was born and they can trust me completely. Originally she didn't want to move out of their place but, her father told her that when she moved out she had full freedom. Of course her being a teenager the offer was, in her eyes, amazing. She could do whatever she wanted. But what I love about this girl is that she's responsible, not the type to smoke, drink, or do drugs. Sure she will go to a party or two every few months but she's calm. The only time she'll get out of hand is when she's angry, but that's not too often. Another thing, she's independent she likes to buy her own things and if someone offers to buy it for her she kindly declines.

There was a knock at the door and I opened it to find Carlos. Oh crap, I better tell her that he's here. 

"Have a seat I'll go get her." I said dryly. This guy has never sat well with me. He changed her. He made her so small, so fragile. My strong, independent Baby Girl.