Ch. 51 Change (End)

*No One's P.O.V.*

Jack woke the next day a bit dazed. When had he fallen asleep? He looked around to find he was in his room, tucked into bed amd his sky projector turned on. Light ahone through the bottom of his blackout curtains only slightly.

He looked around his room, picking his brain for any memory of falling asleep. After he unintentionally made the flurry for himself, they played more games. North and Bunny even joined in on them as well, but, when had he fallen asleep?

Standing up from the bed, he realized he had a dull headache but nothing he couldn't manage, he'd experienced worse. After making his bed he exited the room, listening for any signs of Gen or the kids.

The children often stayed the night when they played games like that, so Jack was justified for listening for them. He heard some convorsation taking place downstairs and decided to go check it out.

"Do you think he's feeling better today?" Jamie's voice reached his ears as he was halfway down the stairs, Jack paused to listen in confusion. "Yeah, after that sneezing incident he looked super worn out and exhausted." Pippa added.

Jack furrowed his brows at that, what part of any of that would make him so exhausted? "Well, his powers are growing a bit quickly and his body's probably just trying to catch up, so hopefully he feels better after some rest." Gen's voice rang out with a small chuckle.

"He's slept over 13 hours so far, surely he'll feel much better." She finished and Jack's eyes grew to the size of dinner plates in utter shock. He rushed down the stairs, swinging around the corner, and almost tripped in the process.

"13 hours?!" He shouted in horror. "Good afternoon Sweet Pea! How are you feeling?" Gen asked, ignoring his outburst. "AFTERNOON?!" he shrieked once again, now looking at the clock on the wall.

"Yeah, you were pretty tired after last night's fiasco." Gen remained calm and nonchalant as she spoke, the kids watched Jack's shocked expressions. "BUT-" he wasn't even sure what to say. He's never been one to oversleep or sleep very long.

He doesnt even sleep as often as humans do. He takes small naps every once in a while, but they are very short ones. His eyes snapped back to Gen, "WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME?!" He screeched.

"Why should I have? You can sleep in if you want." Gen was a bit confused as to why he was so worked up over sleeping in but to Jack, a spirit, sleeping up to 13 hours isn't common. "I-" he wasn't sure why either, he was just shocked about the whole situation.

"Do you feel better though?" Jamie spoke. Jack looked at him and thought for a moment. He was still a little tired but only barely. His headache was still there as well as a pressure in his core that he couldn't quite explain. It wasn't painful, only mildly uncomfortable.

"Wh-.. yeah, I guess so?" He questioned more than stated. He still didn't recall falling asleep last night, not even closing his eyes. "That's good to hear!" Gen exclaimed while serving lunch.

She offered Jack some but he shook his head, he wasn't hungry. "So.." he began with uncertainty in his voice. "How- when did I fall asleep? I can't remember." He looked over to the group of kids and then at Gen.

"Not long after you made the creatures disappear. Bunny and North joined us for games and while we were dealing them some cards, you crashed onto North's arm." She explained. Jack furrowed his brows again as Gen continued.

"It was a little sudden so you can't blame us for getting a little worried, but when you started snoring-" Jack looked up at her quickly. "Wait- I don't snore." He retorted and Gen chuckled.

"You snore when you're really tired, but very quietly. Anyway, once we realized you just fell asleep because you were worn out, North and Bunny took you up and tucked you into bed." She finished.

A small blush of embarrassment washed over Jack's face at that, but he only sighed in response. He relaxed a bit, feeling better after knowing what happened. "But Mother Nature stopped by this morning." Jack's head snapped back up at this, his expression extremely apprehensive, putting everyone on edge.

"She sensed your powers growing and changing. She said it's time for the coronation." Gen spoke with a knowing tone, her and Jack sharing a look that only they could understand. Neither of them knew why him being King was so important, and it was nerve racking.

"Are you nervous?" Jamie asked his best friend. Jack didn't look at him for a moment. "A little." He admitted while hopping up and sitting on the counter. "I think you'll be an awesome King!" Montey cheered, not picking up on Gen and Jack's tension.

Jack didn't reapond aside from nodding subtly. He looked down at his lap in thought, wringing his hands together anxiously. Would I even make a good King? Why is this so important to Mother? He thought to himself.

He couldn't help but feel that there's another reason or reasons behind it, but what is it?

****

Hello Snowflakes,

Very short chapter, I know and I'm sorry. I'm thinking of making a second book to this story and continuing with another adventure following this.

Please, let me know what you think, would you guys like a second book? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.

*Jack Frost*