Chapter 2

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm still new to this, so please comment what I could improve on the sidebar. I didn't edit this chapter, so sorry in advance. Also I will try to update Saturday or Sunday, so save this story so you can keep up with the new chapters:) Well, I'll just shut up now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked over to Aiden at our regular lunch table. It had taken 3 periods full of pointing, laughing, and staring until I was comfortable walking down the hallways in my "Wiggles" pajamas, but I finally had food, so I was good. I sat me and my "Wiggle" wearing butt down next to Aiden and took a bite out of my chocolate chip cookie. Mmmm, the only food at school that was not only edible but good. "Enjoying your cookie?" Aiden laughed reaching for it. I smacked his hand away, and shoved it down my mouth. This just made him burst into even more laughter, "I'll try to remember not to mess with Charlotte and her food next time. I could lose a limb!"

"Very funny," I deadpaned as my friend Vanessa sat down next to me.

"Hey, Charlie!" She said smiling. I smiled back, my teeth probably covered in chocolate. All of my friends called me Charlie, except Aiden. I still remembered the first day we met in kindergarten. It's a pretty funny story actually.

~Flashback~

I was at the back of my class's line, the caboose, when all of a sudden I realized that my class left me. I must have started daydreaming, a habit of mine, and gotten left behind. Anyway, as any kindergartener would do I started crying. I could taste the salty droplets of waters staining my face as my hands cupped my cheeks. All of a sudden I saw a hand reach out to me, I looked up and saw the cutest (let's not forget I was a kindergartener and still believed in cooties) boy I'd ever seen. Normally I would have ignored him or started crying even harder, but his eyes held worry and a longing to help me even at such a young age. I grasped his hand and as soon as I did I felt a hot, tingling sensation in my arm. I yanked it back afraid of what I was feeling. He looked at me, a look of confusion on his face for a split second before he took my hand in his again and pulled me up. I still had the same feeling, but I didn't pull away this time. I was lost in thought about my arm when I heard a voice, the most beautiful voice I'd ever heard. "What's your name?"

"Charlotte, but everyone calls me Charlie,"I replied.

"Charlotte. I like it. My name's Aiden," he said with a warm smile.

"Hi Aiden. And it's Charlie."

"No, it's Charlotte."

"But everyone calls-"

"Am I everyone?" I could tell he was going to be more than everyone so I decided to stare down at my shoelaces.

"Being the caboose is a hard job," Aiden said breaking the silence," One time when I was the caboose I got lost just like you, but instead of doing something reasonable I decided I would search the cafeteria for them. I looked in the jar of cookies, the rows of cakes, the boxes of pizza, but they just weren't anywhere." A smile crept onto my face and I crinkled my forehead and closed my eyes, just like I do now, and started laughing. I was crying a few seconds ago, and now I was happy. "How did you know that's why I was here?" I asked.

"I have my ways," he simply stated. I just agreed with him before saying through a grin, "You must not have looked hard enough."

"Shall we check again?" He asked figuring out my plan. "Of course!" I responded. We made our way to the cafeteria hand in hand and from that day on we were insuperable.

~End of flashback~

"So Charlotte, are you coming to my game Friday?" Aiden asked. "Of course!" I practically shouted, "and then after that we have..."

" Friday movie night!" We said simultaneously. After 3 years of being best friends we finally started the tradition of going to one of our houses, ordering pizza, eating a truckload of candy, watching a movie, and having an all-nighter (well, Aiden claimed he did, I never was able to stay up past 3).

Vanessa just looked at us before mumbling, "You guys are weird." Aiden and I burst out laughing after she said that, because nobody could deny that it was true.

"Same seat?" The blue-eyed boy with a young Justin Bieber haircut asked, AKA Aiden.

"Duh," I said. I always sat in the same seat in the bleachers for his football games so he would know exactly where I was. I was his motivation he would tell me. Just then we heard the bell signaling that our next class was in 2 minutes. "That was fast," I said.

"Whenever I'm talking with you time always seems to go by too fast," I heard Aiden say. I didn't think much of it as I threw my trash away, grabbed my backpack, and hugged him getting the sparks as usual. I started walking down the hallway to my classroom, and was just barely able to hear Aiden yell, "I'll see you after school," I nodded at him smiling, then turned back to the direction I was walking and went into a conversation with Vanessa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE: Thanks for reading. Please don't forever to save this story for updates, comment, and share this story with your friends. Fingers crossed I'll be able to post the next chapter Saturday or Sunday.

Well, Have a great day!

Wait...that's too much pressure.

Have a day that you have:)