Chapter 3

AUTHORS NOTE: I know it's not Saturday/Sunday, the day I promised to update but I actually wrote it last night I just waited to post it until this morning. I tried to make it extra long to make up for all the time you spent waiting for chapter three. Enjoy:)

P.S. I didn't edit this yet, so if there's a typo or just something I could improve leave a comment below in the sidebar. Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran up to Aiden, who was covered in his football gear, smiling. I was covered in goosebumps because it was cold outside but that didn't stop my cheeks heating up when I got near him. (Was it hot in here or was it just me? Trick question, it was Aiden;) Anyway, it was Friday, the night of his game and I was here just like usual.

"Hey," he said joy lighting up his eyes when he saw me, "I thought you wouldn't make it."

My mouth gaped opened as I hit his shoulder, "When have I ever, EVER missed a game?" I asked appalled.

He rubbed his arm, "No need to be violent," he said trying to sound angry but not doing it very well behind the laughter he was trying to stifle. I raised my eyebrows to remind him of my question. "And you've never missed a game," he mumbled looking at his feet, allowing me to see our school mascot on his helmet, the platypus.

"And how long have I kept my record-breaking attendance?" I asked.

" 4 years, ever since I started playing in the 7th grade," his eyes glanced up at mine and I couldn't help hiding the blush that was creeping up on my cheeks as I saw the some-what vulnerableness in those light, captivating, blue eyes. I decided I would stop tormenting him.

"Well one of these days I might not make it, but for now you don't have to worry, okay? I'll be sitting right over there," I said pointing to the stands behind me.

"Okay," he said showing me his perfect smile. He opened up his arms, waiting for a hug, but I turned around running off to my spot on the bleachers laughing. I turned my head around to see his expression, and giggled to myself as I saw his arms still open, a shocked, sad look plastered on his face. I sprinted back towards him as fast as I could. I jumped into his arms, and wrapped my legs around his torso. The normal electricity shot through me, and I was waiting for us to start tumbling towards the ground, but surprisingly he just took a couple of steps back. Stupid muscles.

"I just needed to get a running start," I said into his shoulder blade. He waited a moment, just holding me, before replying, "I knew that."

"Of course you did, your face showed the exact definition of understating," I said laughing. I looked up and started studying his face. He had light blue eyes, that reminded me of waves lined with a bubbly white edge washing right over the sand at the beach. His brunette, side-swept hair was matted on his forehead thanks to the hot helmet he had on, but that didn't make him look ugly at all, in fact I thought it looked cute on him. His lips curled up and I saw his slightly crooked, but perfect teeth.

"Earth to Charlotte! Earth to Charlotte!" I saw his lips mouth. I shook my head and realized I must have dazed out. As soon as he knew he had my attention he made sure to add, "Liking what you see?" Yes. I couldn't let him know that though.

"You wish!" I said. Just then I noticed how close we were. My legs were around his waist and his face was just an inch away from mine. I must have looked uncomfortable, although I wouldn't actually mind staying like this for another moment or two, an hour, a day, forever, because Aiden set my feet down gently on the ground.

"The game's about to start," he said sounding just as disappointed as I felt.

"Stupid game. You just had to ruin that for me didn't you," I mumbled to myself.