Story 3: Cold heart (PTT era)

"Showtime's over nitwits." Chuck announced after the applause ended, as the characters left the stage.

Pasqually went to go make some pizza as Munch followed, Jasper then walked up and gave Chuck a back slap.

"You sounded great out there Big C!" the dog said with a laugh.

"Yeah yeah alright now don't touch me ya fruitcake dog." he snarled back.

Jasper then left laughing his ass off.

"Chuck seems to be very crabby, it's happened all the time since I joined the Pizza Time Players..." Helen thought to herself as she checked her makeup in the mirror.

A idea then hit the hen's head, like a bat hitting a baseball; what if she attempted to warm his heart? Besides, she's had a crush on the rat ever since she first met him, and figured it would be the perfect time to reveal it.

"Show is starting soon." Chuck announced as everyone went back to the stage.

Helen would save her idea for later..

By closing, Helen had forgot all about the idea, until now. 

"Chuck? Before I go, can I talk to you?" she asked.

"Make it quick, the nitwits and I are going to a dinner party." Chuck replied.

"You know, ever since I first met you, I've had such strong feelings for you.." Helen managed to get out.

"What kind of feelings are you talking about, cause it could be any feeling." he said back.

"What I'm trying to say is well.. I really like you, and was wondering if we could start.. dating?" Helen said with a bit of clucking at the end.

This touched Chuck E., as finding a lover was extremely hard for him, with his attitude towards his friends, he had been rejected by every girl he's met, from all three of the Warblettes to all the guest stars. It didn't help that his company filed bankruptcy either. Despite that, this was the first girl who's ever asked him out, and he was going to take that window of opportunity.

"I never thought anyone would date me, of course we can.." Chuck said as he felt his life completely changing, as he embraced Helen.

The chicken could tell her attempt at melting his cold heart worked, as the rat was crying tears of joy, something he's rarely ever done. 

"Thank you..." he wept happily. 

Helen simply kissed him, as Chuck finally found happiness as his heart grew a few sizes.

A few days later..  

"Alright folks, let's get this show on the road!" a newly reformed Chuck said.

Munch, Jasper, and Pasqually's jaws all dropped hearing the more nicer Chuck E. Cheese. Somehow when his heart grew, his voiced changed too...

AN: Long time no see huh? Technically this fanfic explains in my AU how Chuck's voice changed in 1984. And despite the lack of Bandstand references, this takes place in between Bandstand and Country.