Chapter 1: Lets talk about it

Katelyns POV

"So Katelyn your birthday party is tomorrow" My friend Megan said

"You excited?" She said chewing her gum. She moved here form New Jersey about 2 years ago and I've never seen that girl without a piece of gum in her mouth

"Yeah I guess" I said disappointed

"Hey you could still have a good time without Brandon there" she said

"I know... It's just I haven't seen him in forever and I was really hoping he could come." I said

"Anyway let's go decorate" she said jumping off my bed. We walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

I opened the drawer. All of the decorations should be in there. Their not there.

"Dad?" I asked walking into the living room

"Where's the decorations for my party? Me and Megan are going to set up for tomorrow" I asked

"Go ask Ryan, he should know" my dad answered. Ryan is my older brother.

Me and Megan raced up stairs and opened Ryan's door.

"Ry where's my decorations?" I asked jumping on his bed. He paused his Xbox.

"In my car" he answered

Me and Megan ran outside and got the decorations out of Ryan's car.

~~~~

"Hand me the tape" Megan said. I grabbed the tape and handed her the tape so she could hang up a big sign that said "Happy 21 Birthday Katelyn"

She hoped of the ladder and sat down next to me

"So you never really told me the whole story with Brandon" she said

"Ugh you know I don't like to talk about it" I said

"You're going to have to tell me sometime" she said

"Alright, when I moved here when I was 4. I had no friends but Brandon. He was my best friend growing up. He was the only one there for me when my mom died. In the Winter, we would play hockey on the lake for hours. Then he got offered in the AHL and he had to leave. Now he's a superstar on the Chicago Blackhawks." I said suddenly getting sad

Megan didn't say anything

"Well it's almost 12, lets go to bed" she said. I nodded and walked up the stairs to my room. I jumped on my bed and Megan laid in the floor. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

***

I saw the huge semi coming at me

CRUNCH

I felt like I was being twirled around on a never ending roller coaster.

After what felt like forever, it was done. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move, my vision was blurry.

I heard the screams of the ambulance.

I looked around and saw the worst thing anyone could ever see. My mom dead, blood everywhere.

"Mom" was all I could get out.

I felt arms wrap around me and looked to see a firefighter strap me down to stretcher.

***

I jolted up. Almost screaming. I have dreams like that almost every night. I could never get the vision of that out of my head. It was about 6 years ago but I can still never get over it.

I turned and looked at the clock 3:28 A.M. I turned and looked at Megan sleeping on the ground with her gum half way out her mouth.

I got up and grabbed her gum. I walked down the stairs. I through the gum in the garbage and grabbed a glass of water.

"Bad dream again?" I heard Ryan say behind me.

"Ya" I answered "why are you up?"

"Just needed a drink" he said.

He came up and gave me a protective hug.

"Go get some sleep. You have a big day tomorrow" he said

I nodded and walked back up to my room. I fell asleep

RYANS POV

Little did Katelyn know, I wasn't up to just get a drink. I talked to Brandon and he's coming to Katelyns party. She doesn't know that though.

"I just got off the plane." Brandon said through the phone.

"Alright your going to have to get a taxi, I'll send you the address to the hotel." I said.

I texted him the address and went back up stairs to go to sleep.

~~~~

KATELYNS POV

I woke up at about 11:30. I walked down to the kitchen. Megan, Ryan, and my dad were at the table eating pancakes. My favorite!

"Well good morning birthday girl!" My dad said.

I smiled and sat down next to Megan and Ryan and grabbed 4 pancakes at ate them fast.

"The party's at 7. I'll leave at about 6:30" my dad said. My dad is amazing. He is going to my grandmas during my party so he doesn't have to deal with me and my friends.

~~~

AUTHORS NOTE

Hey guys! Hope your liking it so far! I'll try to update as soon as I can! Don't forget to comment and vote! :)