Chapter One

The little white wolf stayed in his hiding spot waiting for his mother to come back. He knew better than to move or make any noise while hiding. He learned that quickly, the hard way. As the days passed and the puppy got hungry he started trying to find his mother's scent without moving from his hiding spot.

Four days had passed before the poor baby wolf left his hiding spot to search for food. He poked his little nose out of the hole under the bush and took a large whiff checking to smell if danger was near. He slowly and cautiously walked out of his hiding spot. He sniffed the air again searching for anything that he could eat or drink. Water, he could smell it.

On his way to the little puddle he had smelled he tripped many times, cut his paw a little bit, and bonked his small head on a rock once. He didn't know how close he was too the small puddle by the lake until he fell into it and soaked himself. He didn't care that he was soaked and started drinking the water he was standing in. The little white wolf was so lost in thought he didn't notice the rouge female coming towards him. She was being cautious as she stalked her prey.

It wasn't until a warrior wolf from the pack nearby jumped in front of the puppy wolf and growled at the female rouge did he know there was danger. The white pup whimpered and buried himself into the water, but kept his nose up to breathe. The poor puppy was terrified as he waited for something bad to happen, but nothing did. The warrior wolf fought the female rouge just long enough to scare her away and stared searching for the puppy he had protected. He sniffed around the large puddle searching for the pup until he knocked his nose against the pup. The warrior wolf gently picked the pup up by his scruff and walked him towards the nearby pack.The blind little pup whimpered as he was carried away from the spot his mother made him hide in.