Part 1: Made Fun of and Rejected

Chloe's P.O.V. 

Today is the day! I can't believe it, 16 and about to find out who my mate is. I hope it's Luke Thompson; my brother's, Zach best friend because I've always had a crush on him even though most of the people made fun of me about liking him and saying that he would not like or go out with a nerd like me. Well, we'll see about that. 

I was getting ready for school when Zach knocked on my door...harshly like literally. Just one more knock and he'll throw my door up to China. How nice, I thought sarcastically. "Get your ass moving Chloe before we're late!" He yelled, ugh bad mood in the morning again. It gets so annoying, of course, he's a jerk during the morning, throughout school but right after that, he's a sweetheart. He even treats me like crap and it really hurts a lot, but I tried my best not to show it.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, I finished my morning routine, taking one last look in the mirror and beautiful. I grabbed my book-bag, ran downstairs to the kitchen, made myself a sandwich real quick, grabbed a water bottle and made my way to the front door. "I'm ready Zach," I heard him grunt and said, "Finally, I don't even know why you take so long, it's not like any guy will notice you or anything." See what I have to deal with? It stung a little, but still, I'm not going to pay attention to him. We got out of the house and went to his car after locking the door behind me. Zach hurried to the driver's side and I on the passenger side until Zach stopped me, "You're going to have to sit in the back, loser. Stacy will be sitting there." Stacy, right. His freaking slutty mate or at least she is because I haven't seemed them together this past few week. But, whatever.

I sighed, "Alright," I open the back door, sat down and buckle my seatbelt. A few minutes later we got to the slu-I mean Stacy's house, my god she barely had any clothes on, I don't know what he sees in her but it is his problem. She was wearing a freaking short white v-neck tank-top with a pink skirt that barely covered her ass along with 4-inch pink heels and a lot of makeup as well. Total Barbie.  

She noticed the car and walked up to us like she's all that. She opened the passenger door, got inside and leaned over to give a kiss to Zach, well more like a French kiss and looks like they're about to eat each other's faces. Gross.

"You can continue French kissing each other at the janitor's closet at school," I said groaning. They both broke away, Zach sends me a glare and Stacy sends me a hatred look that it was about to kill me and send me to ten feet underground.

"Better watch your mouth, loser," Stacy spat. I rolled my eyes at her and heard Zach said, "Don't listen to my stupid sister, just ignore her babe."

And that's what she did throughout the whole ride. Me listening to music while they're talking about a lot of crap. Five minutes later, we're at the school parking lot, all the students hanging around before the bell rings, of course for me, I'll be hanging out alone. Once Zach has turned off the car, I opened the door and while getting out of the car I said, "If you're busy after school, which I don't mind, you'll probably be hanging out with your friends. So to let you know, I'll be walking home and I'll send you a text message when I get there." After that, I closed the door behind me and entered the school. 

As I entered the school hallway, I sensed a strong familiar scent, aftershave, and male body gel. God, I need to find him. My wolf was literally jumping out of excitement to see her mate. I was still spaced out that I didn't notice that I have bumped into someone, waiting for the big fall which never happened because I felt an arm wrapped around my waist. Sparks ran through my body, I look up to see the familiar ocean blue eyes. 

'MATE' my wolf growled. 

My eyes widen along with Luke's. I can't believe it, Luke Thompson, is my mate! I'm so happy. Luke really seemed surprised at first but then it changed into a death glare and dropped me on the floor.