[21]

"Benny"Ethan said tapping on his shoulder.

Benny picked up his head and turned towards Ethan and I growling at us.He was extremely pale with dark circles under his eyes and looked miserable just like the other zombies.

Ethan grabbed my arm and quickly pulled me away from Benny and towards the windows behind us .There was a loud crashing noise followed by groaning.The two zombies broke the glass in from the other side,and they attempted to grab us, but we tried out best to struggle out of their grasp.When we turned around to look at the zombie we exchanged looks realizing who it was.

"Mom?Not you too"Ethan shouted grabbing the fire estinguisher off the lab table next to him.

I grabbed the other one and Ethan and I both started to spray the zombies with the estinguisher in hope of buying time for Sarah to turn on the AC.

Ethan tured around to spray Benny but before he could Benny took the estinguisher out of his hands and threw it to the floor.He then started to stumble towards just us like the other zombies.

"No,no more brains"Ethan yelled.

He clung onto me as they started to circle around us.They were about to reach us but started to repel away like they were getting weaker.

I looked up and saw the red ribbon that was tied to the air vent above us blowing around in the now cool, air.

All of the zombies including Benny fell to the ground tiredly. Meanwhile Sarah walked in glancing at my brother and I and the zombies laying on the floor in defeat

"We good?"She asked us.

Ethan quickly jumped away from me,embarassed of being scared.

"Yeah, the zombies are all cooled off and catching some Zs"Ethan said before yawning
"I get tired just looking at them"He continued

"You know what we need:a coffee"She said pointing at the two of us

"Iʻm in"I said before nodding my head and looking at my brother

.I immedietly took my eyes off Ethan and flickered them to Benny when he started groaning  on the floor below me.

"Decaf low fat latte mochochino,no foam"He said miserably.

I leaned down and reached out my hands to help him up.He hesitated before grabbing them allowing me to pull him to his feet.

"Are you okay"I asked

The uncomfortable expression on his face disappeared when it was exchanged with a sweet smile.

"Yeah"He replied softly before rubbing his eye then putting his hand back down to his side.

The following day the four of us went downtown and stood outside Lotta Latte.

"And all over White Chapel people are cranking the ACs, trapping their loved ones in freezers,and throwing ice cream at children.Thats how yesterdays bizzare out-break of hot coffee fever was frozen in its tracks thanks to local heros like these"The news reporter said happily before pointing his microphone over at two people drinking Lotta Latte under a giant pink umbrella.

"Hi,Lotta Latte coffee is all better now."The girl said smiling into the microphone.

"I canʻt believe I used to like that guy"Sarah complained as we watched them from across the street.

"This stinks,we saved the day"Benny pouted

"We"I questioned
"You almost bit all of our faces off"I continued

"I mean, before that"He corrected

"Im sorry Benny but we unsaid heroes have to take the highroad,right Sarah?"Ethan asked turning to where she was just standing.

Sarah ran across the street knocking the cups out of their hands so their coffee would spill on the ground.They looked down at them with confused yet disappointed looks plastered on their faces.The two eventually brushed it off and continued to listen to the news reporter.

"Right,the highroad"Sarah said smirking as she rejoined the three of us.

Ethan rolled his eyes out of spite but eventually ended up giving in laughing instead.

I placed my arms on both of my shoulders trying to keep myself warm from the dripping rain off the awning above us . Benny took notice to this and moved his umbrella closer to me before trying to sneak his arm around my shoulder.I laughed under my breath and turned to look up at him. His cheeks were tinted with a light pink flush and his eyes refused to meet mine.

"You're a dork"I laughed leaning ly head on his arm.

His expression quickly changed and his cheeks grew redder while Sarah and Ethan continued to conversate with eachother.

Don't forget to Vote.